Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Its pouring rain today....i will work on my headlight restoration in the garage for now and take pics tomorrow or maybe tonight even....i may need more then one tee if that line from the far right of the engine bay goes near the bottom of the throttle body...and yea i got most of thr vaccum lines replaced with silicon hoses from Napa

·
Registered
26,204 Posts
I think the one from near the airbox goes to the the throttle body and the one from near the coolant tank goes into the manifold (based on bends in the hose). What I can' remember is the 3rd line you have at the top of the T you added. It seems out of place, but I can't place it. Need someone with an older ATQ to look and see.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Sorry I kinda dropped out of this discussion.
I was out of town for almost a week.
I'll check one of my 'other' V6's at home a bit later.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Dont know if it will help but here a few pics I took when I pulled my trans for the clutch. pulling the engine sounds like a pita to get to the flexplate compared to pulling the trans

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Here's an early version ATQ swap I did.
I thought I had more pictures that showed more detail before I ripped everything apart completely apart.
Anyways, this is the EVAP / vacuum system on the back of the engine.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Those posts look like a dream haha...will try it out afterwork...thanks!! And yea i heard that pulling the trans would be easier...but then i waslike pshhhhh how hard can it be? Lol...mistake.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
On a side note: Every job I've done that requires a trans pull, I've pulled the engine and trans together. Easy peasy.
I was almost doing this in my sleep a few years ago. It's quite literally just a few extra steps. And then as long as the engine is out, doing that almost impossible stuff like, coolant flange O-rings, Kombi valve gaskets, throttle body coolant hoses is pure gravy.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Grabbed some better pics while I got it apart yet. I only had to remove that peice I was holding in the previous pics. Is there a good way to remove those stupid clamps? I used a side cutter and thought for sure I was gonna break the plastic hose barb trying to cut it. Thank God I didint

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
And then when the headlights are restored. Slap on some LAMIN-X clear film.

Headlight Film

·
Registered
26,204 Posts
To remove stuck vacuum hose, I cut the hose with a razor blade. You can cut a straight line and the use a small screwdriver to pry the hose off.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts