Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled my eninge out to install a new flexplate and cant remember how the throttle body hoses are connected. Haynes manual and a VW diagram of the vacdum lines and coolant lines are useless...im stuck on this one issue...went all over the state trying to find a v6 at a junk yard to take a picture of...no luck

Attachments

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
We ultimately can get you all hooked again but...
What year car is it you're working on?
We'll need to know what engine you have. It looks to be an ATQ engine code. Can you confirm that?
There were (2) engine codes AHA and ATQ, both engines had emissions revisions during production so getting everything right for proper connections might take a few postings to get all the needed info.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We ultimately can get you all hooked again but...
What year car is it you're working on?
We'll need to know what engine you have. It looks to be an ATQ engine code. Can you confirm that?
There were (2) engine codes AHA and ATQ, both engines had emissions revisions during production so getting everything right for proper connections might take a few postings to get all the needed info.
When i get home i will...thank you!!!!

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Assuming your car is all original factory, the engine code is visible on the passengers side (right bank) cylinder head on the inside front corner.
There is a tab/lug that sticks out that was engraved from the factory with AHA or ATQ.

Below is a 1.8t 4 cylinder engine with the tab I'm referring to in the circled area.
The v6 has that same tab in the same location. It is clearly marked on the top flat surface.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pretty much all this stuff...and the hose feom the evap regulator...idk if i broke a tee connections and forgot about it...or when i got it they were messed up to begin with...im also missing whatever sots next to thr hydraulic fluid reservoir...i only know this because there is a bracket with space for something there...most of the videos have that thing covered in plastic...i know this is alot...but this is my first time pulling an engine lol

Attachments

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
ATQ. Got it.

Don't' sweat it, everybody's gotta start somewhere sometime.
Unless somebody beats me to it, I'll post up some pictures of the ATQ vacuum / EVAP system that shows what goes where.

Are you talking about the bracket that is next to the power steering reservoir? That gaping hole inside the bracket, is just that. Some cars had something there, some did not. Unless somebody was modding your car before you bought it, I'm willing to bet you it came that way from the factory.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Yea...i saw some cars at the junkyard that had a silver canister thing there....but they had a different engine too
Exactly.
I'm not 100% sure but I think that silver canister was part of the EVAP system on the older AHA engine code vehicles.

Just some FYI,
If your new to Passat's and plan on owning for a while, a Bentley manual (mostly all inclusive shop manual) would be a worthwhile investment.
Only $150!!! A single avoided trip to the dealership or garage will cover the cost of the manual and then some.
Check it out here. Bentley Manual

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ive read those were really good...i just need some pics of the from behind the throttle body and ill be ok from there...at least until i try to crank it lol

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
I'll be able to get those pictures later today.
Unless somebody posts up before me.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok awesome...ive been looking up part numbers and stuff...and figured out its the vaccum suction pump that im having trouble connecting right...theres a forum on this site where he replaces that part...but no love is given to the hoses beneath it or coming from the throttlebody

·
Registered
26,204 Posts
Here is all I have available. If I recall, the suction pump goes under the vacuum plate in the 1st pic to a short hose connected to the intake manifold. I don't have a V6 at home, but I might still have an intake manifold I can get a pic of if it still has the suction jet attached.

Here is another pic from the side:

·
Registered
26,204 Posts
The pics were on a later model ATQ, so the PCV is slightly different than the 01.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
That was one of my questions I wanted to ask.
Do you have the round black valve? Looks just like a hockey puck. I'm guessing not.

·
Registered
26,204 Posts
I don't recall all of it, but the the bottom of the F shaped hose goes to the brake booster. The suction jet goes to the top. The side pipe off the suction jet goes to the PCV. The green goes to the middle of the F hose.
Thanks to Ashman's writeup (with pics) here:

1 - 20 of 53 Posts