Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I like this one better.

Its the Rage Euro. Looking up by vehicle wont show it on discounts site but it will if you look up by size. I e-mailed them to confirm that the information was correct and that it will fit. They cofirmed both but I guess they haven't changed it to show on the Passat car search

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree.. I like the Euro even better and they are the same price too. :thumbup: $110 a wheel. Little nervous about quality, but at $110 a wheel I supose they are almost comidity priced. LOL

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
rpaller said:
I agree.. I like the Euro even better and they are the same price too. :thumbup: $110 a wheel. Little nervous about quality, but at $110 a wheel I supose they are almost comidity priced. LOL
Yeah, I couldn't say either way about the quality. Appears to be a nice rim but appearances can be decieving. I did ask about the weight. The reply was between 21 and 22 lbs which won't set any records but its respectably low. Considering my stock wheels and tires are 39lbs (bathrom scale), you could get tires at about 23lbs (some are less, some are more) you'd only be at 44lbs - 5 over stock. Not bad. But I'm also considering 18's which would mean either Flik Wasps or ASA AR1s. Decisions decisions.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
r3awak3n said:
Where does the rage retail at $110? thats an interesting price but will these BBS knockoff wheel look good in 17"s in our cars?
Well, baisee00's look good (they're Rondels but almost identical)

and so do Lobich's 17 BBS RX's

·
Registered
745 Posts
thx for the info r-paller and thx for the pics V-man (they do look pretty nice)... I was first goin for 18"s but i cant afford them (and they are so expensive and then i know something will happen to them and then i am gonna be much more pissed since they cost at least 50 more per wheel).. i had the TSW revos in mind, real nice lookin wheels that look like 18"s and retail for 400 at cheapwheels.com but will also think about this ones!

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well due to the back order and my lack of patience combined with a need for new rubber I stepped up to 18" Enkei MM2's with Yok AVS ES100's for @ $1280. (380 more then what I could get the Rage Euro's for) They should be here on Mon or Tues.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
rpaller said:
Well due to the back order and my lack of patience combined with a need for new rubber I stepped up to 18" Enkei MM2's with Yok AVS ES100's for @ $1280. (380 more then what I could get the Rage Euro's for) They should be here on Mon or Tues.

Be sure to post picks when you get them on.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
What do the MM2's in 17" weigh? Not found that info on the Discount Tire site.....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.