Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have Koni's w/H&R sports. I love the ride on back roads but I do a lot of highway driving and its not that comfortable. How has your experience been with this set up? Would this even be worth the trouble? Please post pics if you can.

Thanks

·
Registered
26,803 Posts
What are your shocks set at? I am happy with the ride of the Eibach/Koni on the
highway,but it is not as smooth as stock. You still notice the rises and dips.
PZ.

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Whats up Matt? Right now Im sporting the Sachs sport set but I just blew one of my shocks so Im thinking of getting the Konis. Ive learned that Sachs uses an Eibach spring so I can let you know after I get the shocks on how its doing. I had the H&R springs on my *cough*civic*cough* :oops: and I think they were good for a small car but the Eibachs have been great to me on my :b5: :thumbup: !
I am curious what the ride will be like though.

Brian

·
Registered
835 Posts
Ive got the Koni/Eibach Pro combo - overall I'm happy with ride and handling.
The part I dont like are short sharp bumps in the rear - feels a little harsh for my liking.

I have not probs with highway driving as the roads are smoother compared to back roads but you seem to be saying the opposite?

I have read posts that the H&R Sports & some shock combos can be a bit on the harsh side.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I have the combo. I love it. I have always run Konis and so I went with them this time as well. I have the yellows (single adjustable. I have both front and back adjusted to 1 full turn from the softest setting.

The pic is a little hard to see tire clearance but may help.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I have H&R sports and Koni adjustables and am quite happy with the setup.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts