Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you jack your b5 up and down, does the rear sway bar creak, moan, pop? I am installing jack pads and I cant believe how much noise this thing is making. I used the grease for the bushings and have only had it installed for a couple months. Is this normal or do I have issues?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
use teflon tape(one you use for plumbing) and tightly wrap around few times then apply the silicone lubricant around the tape. This should keep it quiet for at least a year.

·
Registered
678 Posts
its normal i have the same symptoms when jacking up but you will find its probably comming from the suspension linkages rather than the sway bar.

·
PassatWorld Staff
12,267 Posts
Interesting. I have the Neuspeed rear sway, for over a year, it has never once made a noise...

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Yep, they can make a lot of noise. My ABD racing RSB clunks enough to drive me mad. Unfortunately, I like the handling too much to take it off. I am probably going to eventually go with a Neuspeed one.

·
Registered
49 Posts
For those who have a rsb, have you found the improvement in handling quite noticable even if the car has upgraded suspension?

And is the consensus that the Neuspeed adjustable one is the way to go?

·
Banned
9,668 Posts
The difference is huge. Just changing the setting on my Neuspeed one is great. As for the creaking, its probably contributed more to the rear brakes shifting on the rotor and pads. The parking brake engaged can cause this. Try it witout the brake engaged and see what you come up with.

Steve

·
Registered
74 Posts
Does anyone have the RSB from the 1BE kit (17mm solid RSB)?

I had FK coilovers and the RSB installed at the same time and I always thought that the rattle I heard in the back was from the coilovers, but after reading this thread I think it may be the RSB.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
177 Posts
To all of you guys, was the performance gain of the swaybar worth the cost? Which bar would you guys recommend? Any likes dislikes would be appreciated, especially the creaky ones, what kind are they? Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I installed Neuspeed 28 mm rear sway bar last weekend, and the difference is tremendous. Noticable even low speed city corners. Wife and kids comment that they aren't thrown around so much in curves and corners. I am very pleased. :lol:

·
Registered
254 Posts
My rear sway bar has ZERO moving parts... so no. No squeaking here.

I have a O-Bars rear sway bar installed in the rear axle. It feels good even on my KWv2 coilovers.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts