Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering this for a while because the ash tray in the B5 is really annoying to get change out of, i was wondering where to keep change.

I have a 5spd, so i keep the change i need (2-quart. + 1-dime) in the shift boot and store the rest in the tray....how about you??

oh, and this pic of ron's shift knob also made me wonder...not sure if its a coin or not...:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,568 Posts
I keep a 35 mm film cannister full of quarters and dimes on the little shelf under the center arm rest, mostly for parking meters. It doesn't rattle and it keeps things nice and neat.

When I'm on a familiar toll road, I usually lay out the exact change in the cupholder (I got an '03 - so you can do that) ahead of time.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,213 Posts
Honestly, I don't know why people don't get EZPass. No need to wait in line, discounts apply, and it's not like there's a monthly fee. All you pay for is what is charged by the tolls.

At any rate, I keep coins in the cubby hole next to the Owner's Manual slot. It makes sense to have it there because if I have to pay for something, I am using my left hand anyways.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,449 Posts
i used to keep the change in the shift boot too only when i was coming upon a toll. but the coins were always stored in the ashtray.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rich P said:
Honestly, I don't know why people don't get EZPass. No need to wait in line, discounts apply, and it's not like there's a monthly fee. All you pay for is what is charged by the tolls.

At any rate, I keep coins in the cubby hole next to the Owner's Manual slot. It makes sense to have it there because if I have to pay for something, I am using my left hand anyways.
i know, i want to get it, but i barely use the parkway or turnpike...when i do, i just pay cash...it's just easier for me, i might get it sometime this year though
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,241 Posts
maniac_productions said:
Rich P said:
Honestly, I don't know why people don't get EZPass. No need to wait in line, discounts apply, and it's not like there's a monthly fee. All you pay for is what is charged by the tolls.

At any rate, I keep coins in the cubby hole next to the Owner's Manual slot. It makes sense to have it there because if I have to pay for something, I am using my left hand anyways.
i know, i want to get it, but i barely use the parkway or turnpike...when i do, i just pay cash...it's just easier for me, i might get it sometime this year though
Dude how is it easier for you not to have E Z Pass? It's always better wether it be for the discounts or heavy traffic days with those other people who don't have the E Z pass and have to wait to pay. :suspicio:

As for me I keep my chnge inside my Ashtray as well. :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,525 Posts
ive got change in the ash tray, right next to my fresh white pack of ez-widers :thumbup: once i got stuck in the EZ pas lane, and no one would let me over, then someone came up behind me, so i was like 'F it' and i went on thru. they sent me a ticket for $1. lol :D
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,213 Posts
I don't go over the limit at toll plazas. Not worth a ticket. But, if you're going fast enough, the display would be behind you by the time it displays EZPASS PAID.

On the northernmost toll plaza on the Parkway, they have express lanes now where you don't have to slow down. The speed limit in that part of the state is 55MPH.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,750 Posts
Rich P said:
I don't go over the limit at toll plazas. Not worth a ticket. But, if you're going fast enough, the display would be behind you by the time it displays EZPASS PAID.

On the northernmost toll plaza on the Parkway, they have express lanes now where you don't have to slow down. The speed limit in that part of the state is 55MPH.

i use ez pass 8 times a day, we too have a fast lane now on the geo washington spur of the turnpike northern most toll plaza too.
........ EZPASS

:bow:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,750 Posts
i find that 35 mph is just fast enought that you can see the sign change to "easy pass paid" while flying by it.

the high speed ezpass lanes in nj are marked at 55mpg btw
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
547 Posts
rpaller said:
Wonder what the top speed an EZ Pass can read is? Any of the Jersey boys care to fess up?
Haven't hit one under 35 mph! Unless I'm slowed by someone cutting across 3 lanes fumbling for their change cause they don't have EZ-Pass!! :mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,728 Posts
Yeah, I hate those fools that are too cheap and/or lazy to get ezpass. They alway end up in our lane and cause stuuupid traffic. Its not that hard or expensive to get one people. Save us all the headache. :mad:
What worse is they pretend they don't realize they were in the ezpass lane and then at the last moment cut into the cash lane.

Oh, one more thing... who are these mooks that figure out the best place for an eazy pass lane is in the middle. Whats the point of having a lane then :crazy:

end of rant
I keep my change in the ash tray, duh, isn't that what its for? :roll:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,541 Posts
Keep it in my pocket.

As a former NYSTA toll collector I highly advise not speeding through the EZ-Pass lane unless it is one of the mentioned express lanes.
1) You WILL get ticketed and have your ezpass revoked
2) It is incredibly dangerous for the collectors, they have to cross the lane. If you are breaking the speed limit and hit a collector, you will get a vehicular assault charge and if you are so unfortunate to kill one.. you will have the EZ-pass straight to prison.

Please don't speed through the lanes.

Oh in NY 19mph or faster through an Ezpass will get you the ticket. 3 times and you are revoked.
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Top