Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
That is ONE SWEEEEEEET guitar rockshow! I'm so jealous eventhough I can't play. :p I think all I can play is Sweet Home Alabama on my Yamaha acoustic... B was supposed to teach me..... didn't work!

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Nice strat! Still my favorite sounding electric guitar. couple of years ago I sold my setup: a 1976 strat and 1966 super reverb amp... :cry:

Just wasn't playing anymore, nor did I have a place to go where I could um... crank it.. :lol:

This is the current collection (keep in mind - way before I was into cars I was into guitars, and have sold about 3 vintage pieces from the collection. ;) ):
#1 1957 Guild 'A50' archtop:

#2 (not sure what year - its the newest guitar I've ever owned and I bought it about 10 years ago) - Alvarez Yairi signature model:

I've owned about 3 old gibsons:
one of these for a short while - looooooved that p-90 pickup... it was so raw sounding!

and one of these, gibson ES-335... kinda sounds like a car (traded in for a strat :D ):

and one of these (my first electric! :) ):
*not exactly, it looked kinda like this tho - and it did NOT have twin p-90s!!! :cry: (if it did, i can assure you I would still have it)...

and a 1975 brown strat with a rosewood fretboard, traded for the 335, which i later traded for another strat that I kept for several years and sold recently. it was also brown but had a maple fretboard. :( (the rosewood was much better).

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
That Guild it SWEET!

I'll take some pics tomorrow.

1977 Fender Jazz Bass
1993 ErnieBall Music Man StingRay
I have a beater Mexican Strat and a crummy accoustic/electric Fender

But my prode and joy is my amp, 1967 Ampeg B-15N

If you want to see some REALLY nice guitars, a friend of mine opened his own company building hand made archtops. He worked for Guild for a few years, and was a guitar tech at Mandolin Bros.

http://www.dambrosioguitars.com/

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Ok, here's a few shots of my humble guitar:

Backside:

Closeup of backside:

Rosette:

Head:

Another angle:

I love this guitar. It was built by Pimentel & Sons, in Albuquerque, NM, in 1985. After years of being a drummer in various garage bands, I decided I wanted to learn a melodic instrument and sort of stumbled into classical guitar. So, here I am, a wannabe classical guitarist. :D

Great idea for a thread, btw. :thumbup:

·
Registered
477 Posts
No pic ... sorry !

But I've got a 1980 Music Man Sabre bass ... amazing tone :)

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
My taste in guitars is like my car... only the best.

Rickenbacker 330/6 through a Fender Blues Deluxe. I used to have a '72 Fender Super Reverb, but sold it to my ex-GF's dad. He used to play with the Bobby Fuller Four (I fought the law).

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is ONE SWEEEEEEET guitar rockshow! I'm so jealous eventhough I can't play. I think all I can play is Sweet Home Alabama on my Yamaha acoustic... B was supposed to teach me..... didn't work!

Well thank you 8)
Haha B should try harder! It isn't so hard to teach someone if you know what you're doing :poke: :wink: heh heh

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I love this guitar. It was built by Pimentel & Sons, in Albuquerque, NM, in 1985. After years of being a drummer in various garage bands, I decided I wanted to learn a melodic instrument and sort of stumbled into classical guitar. So, here I am, a wannabe classical guitarist.

Great idea for a thread, btw.
oOo this thread idea was actually Branden's (O2ripper) idea, but I liked it so i told him I'd start it :D

Nice guitar! Definitely build with beautiful wood, I bet it sounds real nice. Classical guitars are awesome, I have one but I've been lending it to my best friend and she will not give it back haha.

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
My 70's Gretsch solid body electric with "Hockey Stick" neck. this puppy has seen a lot of time on stage...and needs some work. Behind it you can see my Yamaha acoustic, I traded a pink corduroy shirt for it back in the 80's...

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
therockshow182 said:
Nice guitar! Definitely build with beautiful wood, I bet it sounds real nice. Classical guitars are awesome, I have one but I've been lending it to my best friend and she will not give it back haha.
Thanks for that! It does sound nice! Although lately it has developed an occasional buzz -- it comes and goes. I think it may be a loose spar in the body; I need to have someone look at it at some point.

I like the color of your guitar -- very unique! So is a Statocaster a generic body style made by a variety of companies? How long have you had yours?

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I'll try to post my Taylor K-15 and my B.C. Rich Mockingbird Supreme (American Made version) next week. Maybe i'll throw in a pic of my Ukulele since Tiny Tim has made an appearance in this thread! :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
I dont have a personal pic....but here is one off the Martin site...

Dont let the size deceive you - its as big sounding as a regular acoustic :) I love it, shes my baby!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
11 Participants
therockshow182
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing