Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into getting a set of 19's for b5.5....I know I know they can get f*&^%$ up easy, but thats sorta my question...whats the biggest sidewall you can run on a 19 with our cars...a 35...what?

·
Registered
631 Posts
You have to consider wheel width too...depending on the width of the wheels you might be able to get away with a 45, but you'll want to consider keeping your speedometer as accurate as possible.

For example, I have 19x8 wheels and run 235/35-19 tires. Maybe in the rear I’d go to a 45, but I wouldn’t go to a 45 in the front because I don’t want to throw the speedometer off. The front of the car is the most important, since we drive front-wheel drive cars, which leads too...

Another factor to consider is the control arms, depending on the width of the wheel and series of the tire, you may have fitment issues there, as well. I could go down to a 225/35 up front, but then I’d have even less sidewall and cushion.

That’s the tricky part with a larger wheel setup. You have to make sacrifices…

Hope it’s not too confusing…
:)

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
A-Tiller-the hun said:
what mods did you have to do to get the 265 to fit in the rear...?

just out of curiousity...

are those the US spec W8 or Euro spec B5 or W8...?
I put a 5mm spacer in the rear and it worked out just fine.
the lights are the euro spec headlights

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.