Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
6,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SSR GT3 Satin and bright silver finish. Both 24.5 pounds in 18x8....
$534

$529

GT1 in silver.... 19.0 pounds - $399

Anyone with Photoshop talent willing to put them on my car & post ??? MAybe an AMG baseball hat in it for ya.... lol

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
I like the GT1 the best. Since the spokes of the wheels go all the way to the edge, they will look much bigger than the other two. I also think the other two wheels have too many rivets, which are hard to clean.

·
Registered
6,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Exactly. Although they're S4 calipers, the rotors are the same diameter as the S4 but the offset is different...

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
My GF just bought gt3s for her z4 in satin...the wheels look awesome...they even look better in person than in the pictures. I'll post up pics when she has them slapped on.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
VWGuy, send me a side shot of your :b5: and if you can a better, more straight on shot of the rims and I'll paintshop them for you. I did a sample on a blue silver passat and I can E-mail you that but I figure you would want it on a picture of your own car.

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
I'd be afraid to run a 19 lb 18" wheel in NY/NJ. :nervous:

·
Registered
799 Posts
I personally think a darker wheel would look hot so my vote is the GT3. Everybody is rocking bright silver or silver wheels and although most look good they don't set themselves apart from the crowd... Your Pacific Blue W8 with a satin or anthracite finish would be unique, original and definitely hype... IMO the ultimate wheel for your ryde would be the style of the GT1 in a satin or slightly darker finish... Maybe with the money you save getting the GT1's you could powercoat them to a satin finish...

My .02 cents worth..

peace,
Mike

·
Registered
6,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Anyone know how to contact BBS directly ?? I tried searching but can't find any direct contact info to them. I contacted Puremotorsport.com as Julian suggested and they say that the RXII's are "doubtful in fitiment." :cry: and the SSR's may need 5mm spacers.

Has anyone actually fitted any damn wheels to this f***ing car !!!!! :mad:

Clay, if Tire Rack cannot get a W8 to test fit any wheels on, I'd be willing to do it for you if you'd be willing to ship, say one of each whel listed for the W8 out to me in Jersey. I can spend a Saturday here at work (Mercedes dealer) test fitting them. It would be just as much a help for me as it would you. If you say, sent them with return shipping included, I'd test them all on a Saturday and ship them back on Monday. I'd take pictures of the fitiments for you as well. All I'd ask in return is maybe a nice discount on whatever wheel/tire package I settle on. :wink: Think about it,run it past the "powers that be" and let me know...Ronny

1 - 20 of 71 Posts