Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got new bulbs and today I realized that the lights are aimed really high... do i just toggle them down? What do i do? haha so lost :???:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Need to reaim headlights if car is lowered?

Had the VW Sport Springs put in which lowered the car about 1.25", as per spec. Do I need to reaim the headlights now? How about the fogs? I have an 04 GLS.

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i got the vision plus where the beam is really long....and when i parked in the lot at my apt last night it was shining through the window of the apartments on the ground floor..... I assume they're too high right?

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
baisee00 said:
i got the vision plus where the beam is really long....and when i parked in the lot at my apt last night it was shining through the window of the apartments on the ground floor..... I assume they're too high right?
haha thats just like mine.. when im driving on the freeway at night, i light up ALL the overhead signs :lol:

im thinkin of adjusting it, but BAH.. watever lol

oh and to adjust them, when you h ave your hood open, look down at the top of the headlight assembly, and u will see there are a few holes(about the size of an allen wrench(key) watever you want to call it.. find the appropriate size and adjust.. remember to park on a flat surface, and have the lights shining on a flat surface as well(garage door works fine)

oh yea, it works best at night :roll: lol

hope that helped.

-Mark-

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
there is a t20 torx screw on top of your headlight. The inside screw should be your up and down adjustment for the driving lights. You can loosen those a little bit to aim higher, but trying to lower them is a different story. I've tried on many occassion, but my HL still look like mountains, and sadly VW wants to charge me 40 bux to re-aim them, so oh well for other motorist i blind.

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hhahah sounds good to me........I think I'm going to leave it like it is...muahhaha! I felt kinda bad about bliding people but....oh well to the people i blind they'll just have to deal! :lol: thanks for all the help!

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
1EDYSON said:
there is a t20 torx screw on top of your headlight. The inside screw should be your up and down adjustment for the driving lights. You can loosen those a little bit to aim higher, but trying to lower them is a different story. I've tried on many occassion, but my HL still look like mountains, and sadly VW wants to charge me 40 bux to re-aim them, so oh well for other motorist i blind.
okay I thought it was no big deal but I just realized after driving in the rain that my lights are hardly hitting the ground.... is it really that hard to aim them down? it's pouring right now and I can't go out to try and attempt to....

·
Founder of the STFA
8,667 Posts
I replaced my bulbs today and it didn't change the aim at all. This is like the three bears, huh? Is it possible you didn't reinstall the bulb the right way, or securely enough? The fixture is what moves when you adjust the headlights. At least on the old style '01 that I have, the way the bulb clips in to the headlight assembly, I can't see how it could really be in too much of a different position than the old bulb

·
Banned
3,006 Posts
1EDYSON said:

When I was changing the bulb I nudged the housing and afterwards they were pointed at the ground :roll: you can lower em like that. :wink:

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
My advice is to get a friends or the dealers passat and see where the headlights hit something stationary and mark it with chalk, then move your car there and adjust them. THats what i did b4 i lowerd my car to make sure that i didn't need to adjust them. Just my advice

1 - 14 of 14 Posts