Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
27,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just posted my wagon for sale in the classifieds. Due to a multitude of injuries (mostly my back, knee and feet), I realized I can no longer work on the car enough to build it into what I wanted. I also have no use for the car, it sits unused apart from a weekly trip to the store and that's just to drive the car. We will be keeping the Tiguan as our only car, my youngest son is getting the Golf and I will be selling his Passat wagon once I get it running (dead battery after sitting 7 months).
I will still be on the boards, it would be harder to leave this place.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I just posted my wagon for sale in the classifieds. Due to a multitude of injuries (mostly my back, knee and feet), I realized I can no longer work on the car enough to build it into what I wanted. I also have no use for the car, it sits unused apart from a weekly trip to the store and that's just to drive the car. We will be keeping the Tiguan as our only car, my youngest son is getting the Golf and I will be selling his Passat wagon once I get it running (dead battery after sitting 7 months).
I will still be on the boards, it would be harder to leave this place.
I am sorry for the loss. But, Glad you are staying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
80 Posts
Glad we will still see you around the boards. Sorry to hear about the injury and the sale. I hope the car gets snapped up by someone who appreciates it.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Moderator/Administrator
24,751 Posts
Not so fast. I have to approve the post first....

·
Registered
361 Posts
Good luck with the sale Paul, it's a good car (even though Ihad to give you a jump) 😉. I know you really like your Tiguan and that Golf is a sweet ride.

Glad you'll be sticking around here. Your decades of experience are invaluable to so many.

·
Registered
27,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
With my foot injury, it has not been comfortable to take on long trips for several years. The Tiguan is better on my foot, but worse on the arthritis in my thumbs. My wife just had her 2nd surgery for arthritis in her thumbs, it's not a fun thing. It's her 3rd surgery this year and she will have 2 more next month (cataracts in each eye).
I also expect surgery is in my future for both feet, my left knee and maybe my back.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about the health issues. It's hard to enjoy moments when pain is constantly interrupting activities and reminding of its presence. I hope the procedures help, though. Much respect to you for your invaluable posts and contributions to the community, and I hope you do stick around!

·
Moderator/Administrator
24,751 Posts
Has the car been posted yet? I couldn’t find it.

Reactions: axenstar

·
Registered
2001 Passat wagon; 2016 Golf Sportwagen
5,464 Posts
Your health and time with your wife is more important than any car. My wife also has arthritis at her thumb, something wrong with a big toe, I've got two screws in one hip (stupid bicycle stunt gone wrong);
Ouch! Best wishes to both of you.

it's hell getting old.
That applies to cars, as well as to humans. (For those who don't know, ylwagon and I live in the same county, and we both drove 1996 Audi A4s for a long time, and we both had silver B5 Passat wagons for a long time, as well. My 20-year-old Passat is the only remaining B5-era car of that bunch, and the only remaining B5 in my extended family, although my elder son still has the 2002 B6 Audi A4 I bought him for his college graduation in 2007.)

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
For those who don't know, ylwagon and I live in the same county, and we both drove 1996 Audi A4s for a long time, and we both had silver B5 Passat wagons for a long time.
We were in your vicinity a couple of months back, at Leucadia state beach in Encinitas. With the A5 parked in the neat little Grandview lot (even got an end-spot under a shady tree) we went down the multi-level stairway to get to beach, which is between the ocean and almost vertical cliffs. It turns out that we were right where part of the cliff fell down a few years ago, onto some people.

The Passat: it still exists, as a derelict vehicle in our company's back lot. It's actually the property of our son, who say that he intends to trailer it back to Arizona.

·
Registered
5,587 Posts
We were in your vicinity a couple of months back
One of these trips over to Burbank we should all try and get together. That would be a good time.

Reactions: ylwagon

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
That's a great idea, Dave I think that you've got my number, call or PM me and John. I'm willing to have the gathering at my place in Fallbrook, unless there's a more convenient spot. Anybody else interested, raise your hands.

·
Registered
27,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Once the vaccine is widespread, we plan on a road trip across the SouthWest and to Socal in the spring. At this rate, I would guess spring of 2022. I have family in San Diego and my wife has family in Simi Valley.

Reactions: ylwagon
1 - 20 of 29 Posts