Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
I got this user title because I'm old and special
8,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What the hell has happened in the last year?

The administation has turned to complete idiotic morons. I use to support the president and the system in most regards, but it has turned into a fascist, bully like system. I don't know if I am proud to be an American anymore.

When does the importance of Gay marriage and a boob on TV overshadow the hundreds of dying military soldiers and lack of homeland security?

Where is our money and time going? And why? I don't think we should spend a dollar on investigating indecency on TV and radio. What has happened to freedom of speech? And what is so bad about a boob that started this? We are born naked. Are we that friggin sexual restrained that we can't admire the human form regardless of forum? I can't believe all the attention, money, time, and investigations on indecency. Who are you to determine what I want to hear and see? You are not guaranteed a TV or radio, and if you are afraid of seeing or hearing something bad, read a book. Throw out your TV and radio. We are symbolically burning books with are new FCC crap. Welcome back Nazi Germany.

Why is the president even spending a second on gay marriage when he has enough work to keep him busy for 10 terms. What about the war, terrorism, jobs, pollution, energy, drugs, and crime. Crap that is really important. Get off your righteous Christian soapbox and do something! Constitution amendment...how F-ing stupid are you.
Let them get married. Let them enjoy the same rights. They are guaranteed them after all. Call it a union not a marriage if marriage is sacred to religion, which it isn't since you truly get married by the state not the church. If you are worried about the sanctity of marriage, than you are too late. Divorce is rampant without gay marriages. Matter of fact, the gay marriages might give something back.

It is just mind boggling to me that we spend all this money and time on pure crap. The current administration is clueless and trying to save their asses from mistake after mistake. They are covering the unlawful business practices and preaching their Religious rhetoric instead of doing their job. They are basically becoming a fascist organization pushing their rules without any checks or balances.

What is this country becoming? I can sympathize with the rest of the world and understand why we are the biggest joke on the planet. Something needs to change. We need a little of the old glory the United States represented in the past. Right now, we are as backwards as the Taliban! *This thread will probably be censored by the FCC!*

Anyone else, my soapbox is vacant.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Well said. I'd like to add that rather than work on finding a solution to the hundreds of thousands that went on unemployment this year alone, we're working on amending our constitution to keep gays from ever marrying. I heard on the radio that we've reached our limit of H1b's for the year... how sad. IT unemployement still high yet somehow the companies couldn't find enough qualified labor so they had to import workers for as much as 6 years...

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
no doubt .... we are living in some wack times. Seperation of church and state?? Maybe he should be concentrating on that?? :lol: :lol: kinda doubt it...

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Well said. I agree with everything except for the, "I use to support the president..."

Now, we just have to wait for the "If you don't like it, get the hell out." comments to roll in. :roll:

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Andrew said:
Well said. I agree with everything except for the, "I use to support the president..."

Now, we just have to wait for the "If you don't like it, get the hell out." comments to roll in. :roll:
If you don't like it, get the hell out!! J/K... seriously though... BUSH :thumbdow: :thumbdow: :thumbdow:

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
Andrew said:
:lol:

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
Bush had no choice but to propose the amendment. It's what 60=% of the people want...a ban on Gay marriages. And with that moron running amuch defying the lay and illegally marying people in CA...it had to be done. That said, I too think Bush needs to go...the problem is that I don't see anybody better running. Maybe I'll vote for Nader or laRouche...

·
Registered
941 Posts
The administration has turned to complete idiotic morons…

They were always morons. Remember the American public voted them into office. Then the technicalities and bullshit took over. Now America sits back and criticizes. I don’t know how valid these numbers are, but I read somewhere that only 33% of the American population voted. Of that 33% only 17% had an idea of what they were doing. Again, Im just repeating what I read, this is not my determination.

When does the importance of Gay marriage and a boob on TV overshadow…

As always, America excluded itself from the rest of the world. 9/11/01 was a reality check. Wake up folks, America is just as vulnerable as the rest of the world. Case in point, why do so many Americans focus on Janet? Because this is all they know… The censorship of the American Media does not show America the rest of the world. Had it done so perhaps 9/11 would of not occurred and Janet’s breast would not make headlines like OJ Simpson’s Bronco did years ago. Someone please restructure our Media to show and tell the truth. Not sensor reality and feed the “less than intelligent” American public white Bronco’s, a breast and a homosexual uprising.

Where is our money and time going? And why? I don't think we should spend a dollar on investigating indecency on TV and radio.

AGREED! :bow:

What has happened to freedom of speech?

Its still there… Its just been manipulated and put on an infinite “SPIN” by our spin doctor attorneys. :mad:

Who are you to determine what I want to hear and see?

Wake up, its been happening IN AMERICA all along. :roll:

Why is the president even spending a second on gay marriage when he has enough work to keep him busy for 10 terms.

VOTES! I doubt he can get his brother in Florida to screw things up again.

Let them get married. Let them enjoy the same rights. They are guaranteed them after all.

Sorry, I respectfully DISAGREE! Nothing against gay’s. But religion is religion! There is nothing in history which shows same sex marriage being commonplace. WTF! These people will get married and then adopt children. What type of world will these children grow up in. Think about it for a minute… These children will go to school and church and read about a male father and female mother. Then they will read or be “taught” about the birds and the bees. How will you explain to this child about his/her “ gay parents”. Im not a parent, but wish to become a parent one day… biologically that is. If not, then I’ll adopt. I don’t want to be put in a position to explain to my child why his/her classmate(s) have two dads or two moms and he/she has only one of each.

Which it isn't since you truly get married by the state not the church…

You need some religion. Take some time off and go to church! Read a couple of pages from the bible! :wink:

What is this country becoming?

In additon to the above Its become and becoming a haven for all those seeking a “free ride” Read about immigration sometime. Immigrants came to this country and brought over their culture. They worked hard to make money and contribute to society. Today’s immigrants come here for hand outs. BULLSHIT! This is America, speak the language, obey by the rules and WORK! Or get the PHUCK out!

Right now, we are as backwards as the Taliban!

Your wrong! The way I see it, the Taliban, a group of camel drivers and sheep hurdlers who live in caves, managed to piss all over AMERICA within a couple of hours on sunny Tuesday morning.

In closing, reality is being completely overshadowed by the bullshit we have created. Let me put things into perspective. Mercedes has a smart key that is designed to open the doors and unlock the ignition all while the “smart key” is in the pocket. Then the key breaks! The owner sits stand there trying to figure out the problem with the “smart key”.

Who named that PHUCKING thing a smart key!

Got to go smoke a cigarette!

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Elias said:
Let them get married. Let them enjoy the same rights. They are guaranteed them after all.

Sorry, I respectfully DISAGREE! Nothing against gay’s. But religion is religion! There is nothing in history which shows same sex marriage being commonplace. WTF! These people will get married and then adopt children. What type of world will these children grow up in. Think about it for a minute… These children will go to school and church and read about a male father and female mother. Then they will read or be “taught” about the birds and the bees. How will you explain to this child about his/her “ gay parents”. Im not a parent, but wish to become a parent one day… biologically that is. If not, then I’ll adopt. I don’t want to be put in a position to explain to my child why his/her classmate(s) have two dads or two moms and he/she has only one of each.
Can we say discrimination?

Elias said:
Which it isn't since you truly get married by the state not the church…

You need some religion. Take some time off and go to church! Read a couple of pages from the bible! :wink:
Are you a Jehovah Witness? If so... good for you. Let us decide on our own if religion is what we need thank you very much.

Elias said:
Got to go smoke a cigarette!
Let's put a ban on cigarette.

Here's a thought... what if the concept of religion was originally "created" by man, just like the word "time", or the word "marriage", or the "laws" that we have today?

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
Sharky said:
The reason Bush has proposed the ammendment is that it may be the only way he wins for '04.

Period.
there is one other way....capturing Mr Bin Laden looks like another instant vote getter

·
I got this user title because I'm old and special
8,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
They were always morons. Remember the American public voted them into office. Then the technicalities and bullshit took over.
Remember the majority didn't vote for him. :wink:

As always, America excluded itself from the rest of the world. 9/11/01 was a reality check. Wake up folks, America is just as vulnerable as the rest of the world.
And that is why we need to change, but turning our backs on the true problems like security and worry about boobs, gay marriage, and someone saying F$#K is the least of my worries. If those 3 will stop me and my children from getting blown up. Than go after them.

Its still there… Its just been manipulated and put on an infinite “SPIN” by our spin doctor attorneys. :mad:
It is being manipulated more and more and more in an exponential rate.

Wake up, its been happening IN AMERICA all along. :roll:
And it is going to get worse!

I hope this doesn't keep you up late at night. I would worry more about the job you might not have to pay for food for your kids, finding out your kids were blown up, having to pay $50 a gallon for gas, not being able to stop working until 80 when you die. If your kids are healthy and happy, who cares if they are gay. And don't blame the gays for confusing your kids, they are smarter than you think. You turned out kinda of OK and gays were around than. Finally, I would rather see adopted kids in happy gay couple houses than battered, poor, and bitter in disfunctional households.

The church plays no part in Marriage anymore. It is all ceremonial. And you don't have any clue of my religious background. I was probably spewing biblical quotes before you were born. :roll:

In additon to the above Its become and becoming a haven for all those seeking a “free ride” Read about immigration sometime. Immigrants came to this country and brought over their culture. They worked hard to make money and contribute to society. Today’s immigrants come here for hand outs. BULLSHIT! This is America, speak the language, obey by the rules and WORK! Or get the PHUCK out!

Your wrong! The way I see it, the Taliban, a group of camel drivers and sheep hurdlers who live in caves, managed to piss all over AMERICA within a couple of hours on sunny Tuesday morning.
:shock: Are you trolling? :thumbdow:

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Marriage is composed of two parts:

1) Ceremonial - that is your religion celebrating the joining of two into one union. This is the part that doesn't fly with most people and why they are against it. My personal belifs are against it (but no flaming or convincing me please).

2) Legal - that is what really counts in this matter. Tax breaks, protections, etc. I have no problems with this. If two people want to join together as a family they should be allowed under the law and reap the same benefits. Brings me to think Bush wants to stop it because he wants to protect his corporate buddies -- homosexuals are "money makers" to them because they cannot share benefits, get time off for family emergencies, etc.

Marriage as a legal institution should be protected by law, not banned. And even if Bush wanted to ban it, why an Amendment? That is absurd. Amendments are for fundamental RIGHTS, not restrictions.
Marriage as a religious institution should not be touched by law, since we have separation of church and state.

1 - 20 of 120 Posts