Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went into Prestige VW in Turnersville NJ today to take a couple of pics of the Granite Green, Arctic Blue Silver, and Mocha Brown 06's they had on the lot to show the wife (she was working today). Anyway, the salesman we've been working with and I sat down to talk price. After a bit of this and that, he offered me this price:

$34,109 for the following:

3.6L 2WD, Luxury Package 2, rear side curtain airbags, NO DVD NAV (by request), 17" wheels (we're going straight for aftermarket 19's upon delivery).

Personally, I'd like to see it closer to $33K before Tags, title, tax, ect, but beggars can't be choosers. NOT going for the 4Motion due to extra weight and price (unless we could escape for $35K).

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ouch. That's a bit. I figure I can play some hardball and get them into the 33's, but dang you guys over the pond are getting stuck. Why the high price over there??

·
Registered
467 Posts
It’s not all bad. Petrol is only equivalent to $6.96/Gallon. Insurance for my base 1.6FSI is about $700 a year then the road tax is about $260 a year. This is why we tend not to drive the 3.6 4Motion type cars (unless the company are paying). Also explains why few people will modify a 20006 Passat since the parts are expensive then the insurance goes up.:thumbdown

·
Registered
71 Posts
Fastbird,
I wanted to make sure you recieved the private message I sent you.
I see you are new to this forum so I dont know if you are aware that on the top right hand corner you have private messages that can be sent to you.
Anyhow the message I sent to you was about your soon to be 3.6 B6 Pck-2
I can get this for you at $33K even before tags, title, tax ect any color you want from the dealer. Give me a call if you would like to save lots of money.

·
Registered
90 Posts
brianjlenaghan said:
It’s not all bad. Petrol is only equivalent to $6.96/Gallon. Insurance for my base 1.6FSI is about $700 a year then the road tax is about $260 a year. This is why we tend not to drive the 3.6 4Motion type cars (unless the company are paying). Also explains why few people will modify a 20006 Passat since the parts are expensive then the insurance goes up.:thumbdown
Is that for Imperial or normal gallon (3.84l). In southern Europe, unleaded 98 goes for $5.85...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alberto Villamar said:
Fastbird,
I wanted to make sure you recieved the private message I sent you.
I see you are new to this forum so I dont know if you are aware that on the top right hand corner you have private messages that can be sent to you.
Anyhow the message I sent to you was about your soon to be 3.6 B6 Pck-2
I can get this for you at $33K even before tags, title, tax ect any color you want from the dealer. Give me a call if you would like to save lots of money.
I didn't get an email about it, gonna have to check my settings. I got your PM though. I'm interested to say the least, but my concern is that you're in CA (by your profile) and I'm in NJ. I'll give you a call to talk it over though because that's about $1100 less that what I'm prepared to pay.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts