Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
-- NOT INTERESTED IN PARTING -- NOT INTERESTED IN PARTING -- NOT INTERESTED IN PARTING --

NEED TO COME UP WITH FAIR PRICE

Some of you may remember that The Duke was on the market last Spring, but since no one wanted make me a reasonable offer and I was still pretty attached, I'm thinking of giving it a whirl again.

Details are here: www.retrophit.com

High level:

B5 of the month, 12/2003!!

2000 GLS Stick w/ ~58K miles - Black Magic
+ Leather
+ Cold weather package

chip, exhaust, downpipe, system, major body mods, PERFECT BODY -- not a ding or dent, custom 3pc wheels, carbon fiber hood, yadda, yadda....

What do ya'll think?

Luke.

-- NOT INTERESTED IN PARTING -- NOT INTERESTED IN PARTING -- NOT INTERESTED IN PARTING --

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FIXED LINK!!

Dunno:

Scion xB (shut up!)
Volvo V70R
SC400
something cheap..?

No idea....really.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
dude, you parting out? :wink:

Wow, no one got on $15,500? I'm not in the market, but that seems pretty fair to me...

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, last year and 10K miles less I was trying for 22K. Seemed fair, but the market is /was soft.

15.5 was what I was thinking now.

Luke.

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
I'm going to be honest I really don't find your price excessive...if anything its priced very fairly. The car bluebooks at around 12k but the thing is this car has been cared for at a much higher level then the average car and it does have some very unique things to set it apart from the average b5. The thing is as with any item for sale your car is only worth what the next guy will pay for it. You may want to investigate options such as ebay to see if you can expand the amount of people seeing your car

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
How much does it cost to post a car ad up on ebay?
I'd put it up on ebay just to get the feel of the market and see what people are willing to offer. Worse case you pull it out of ebay before the auction ends and you loose the money that you initially invested in putting the ad up.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks man! ...and that's another thing... where to list??

Last year I tired the news paper and a "for sale" sign on the car.

I got one, maybe two, calls from the paper and a ton of interest from the sign -- was pulled over all the time.

Should I try auto trader? ebay, seriously? ...?

Luke.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think ebay is $40-50. Worth a shot. Personally, unless it was rare or exotic I wouldn't buy on ebay (cos I would no doubt have to travel) but who knows...

Luke.

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
you may want to find a consignment company on ebay that can sell the car for you...you may pay a bit of money but they'd handle things like listing the ad and doing the deal....it may be worth looking into, I know I've seen plenty of cars on their sell for more then I thought they'd go for...and some for less...i guess its just like anything else

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Good thing the duke is rare and exotic! :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
dont put it on ebay.. you wont get your money out of it

·
Registered
897 Posts
O22Ripper said:
I would go with Autotrader.com, and slap a for sale sign on it....
hell ya i think autotraedr is the way to go i have sold all of my cars through them

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks fellas. I'll do autotrader and ebay too. What can ebay hurt if I have a reserve price, right?

·
Registered
897 Posts
i would ceck and see how much they will charge you if it sells on ebay

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
make sure if you put it on ebay that you have a minimum requirment and check into the other fees if you actually sell the car. I am not sure how ebay works that much. I know I sold an antique tv on ebay but I met up with the guy and got cash for it. Maybe you can meet up with the person and get cash,etc.

Also, remember the non-enthusiast may not see the value of the mods or be scared of them. The typical soccer mom may run away from a modded car.

Good luck,

Kevin

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
About this Discussion
31 Replies
16 Participants
rollininstyle2004
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing