Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...specifically a '61 Type 2 Double Cab. What should I check for? Its had most of the rust cut out and properly replaced by Kuston Coach Werkes. The engine is a 1500 with a bug prostreet tranny. Its also bagged - so what components of the penumatic system should I look at? How can I test if the engine will overheat? What other components could be expensive to replace? Thanks.

·
Salty Moderation Stylez
12,663 Posts
welcome to becoming a Type 2 owner.

The allknowing website
http://www.thesamba.com

Samba makes PW look like we know nothing.

As for the bus that sounds very nice. DC's are decently rare too! DO you have picts?

I have a 67 13 window hartop delux. :thumup:

·
Carlos Spicyweiner
7,048 Posts
Do it! Air coolers are fun as long as there is no rust.

I used to have a 62 single cab (and 10 bugs). I've been talking about buying another air cooled for years. Really need to do it.

Salty, post some pics!

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
Do it! Air coolers are fun as long as there is no rust.

I used to have a 62 single cab (and 10 bugs). I've been talking about buying another air cooled for years. Really need to do it.

Salty, post some pics!
yup. :D :thumbup:

·
Salty Moderation Stylez
12,663 Posts
Salty, post some pics!
YOu wouldn't want to see picts.. It sits almost like 75% of any aircooled "un-finished" It is a roling chassis right now and I need to fix some rust etc.

I have alot of the 67 only parts, I just need more time, and about a spare 20k ;) I refuse to do it half ass. (wish I could say that about alot fo the folks here)

Once we get our new house in March I will be working on her again.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the tips. I really want to buy it, I hope the seller has not misrepresented its condition. I may meet with the seller in LA to make the excahge - so anyone know a good aircooled VW mechanic in LA that can inspect the vehicle before purcahse?

I hope to see your restoration someday Salty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts