Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i want to get some more power in my ride, i've done a lot with the body and i think it only be fair to put some more work into the engine. Anyway, this is what i'm looking at...

I have a 2001.5(b5.5) 1.8t tiptronic

I looked into AWE's K04, but after reading around it seems that the gains wouldn't be worth the money since i already have a GIAC chipped K03 sport, Correct?

I then started looking at Neuspeeds Super K04 Kit, which is putting out, according to them, about what I want. I emailed them and they told me that they could program a P-Chip that would tune down the torque output to ensure the saftey of my tranny, and i already have the GIAC tip chip, so that would be a plus too.

My question is, is it worth it. I drive my car all the time and it's my only means of travel. I like taking my car to the dealer when i have problems that i can't fix. If I do this will they void my engine warranty, or will i be able to unchip the car and just go, they shouldn't be able to tell that the K04 isn't a K03 correct?

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
People over at Audiworld are going CRAZY over this new GT28 (I think) turbo upgrade. Combined with Revo these guys were able to pull on an E46 M3!

·
1st Gear
17,568 Posts
EnjoyTheView said:
Yea i've been for a ride in DoogieH's ride. It's a b5 passat with the GT28r, my main concern though is having a reliable ride with the turbo kit that i purchase. And no one offers a GT28 Kit yet.
In that case stay away from big turbo kits.....

K04 should do just fine....but you still be slower then chipped 5 speeds.

The question you should really ask yourself.....would it be really worth it. :wink:

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Spanky McGee said:
EnjoyTheView said:
And no one offers a GT28 Kit yet.
Really?

I stand corrected.

Regarding staying away from big turbo kits, that's the conclusion i came to as well. This is why i was turned on by neuspeed Super K04 kit. Does anyone on Cb5 have this kit. It seems like this would be what i want. But I don't know all too much about it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.