Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
I got this user title because I'm old and special
8,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the 3rd Enzo I have heard about that has eaten the big one. Not even a year old and 3 have died. Isn't there only 750 built? So sad especially since all the accidents have been stupid race car wannabe owners errors.

Read about it here and see crappy video of wreck.
http://forums.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=190282

·
Registered
9,154 Posts
Whoa ... Allen Parkway has plenty of blind twisties ... been on that stretch of the road many times, not an easy road to navigate at high speed unless you have it memorized. Near to River Oaks & Memorial where the old-moneys & oil sheiks live when they are in town. Hope no one got hurt ... but poor Enzo :cry:

·
I got this user title because I'm old and special
8,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jtpassat said:
octick, what's your name in the s2ki board? are you a S200 owner?
No....I don't own one. And I am not a member. However, I keep up on the auto enthusiast forums. I just float around searching for knowledge, interesting info, or comedy. If itsn't one car site, it is another.

However, I would love to own one.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Isn't there only 750 built?
More like 399 worldwide, ever. Very sad to see these cars end up like this. But at least it was driven. I hate reading about how owners of F40's, F50's, and Enzos don't drive them; just keep them locked up like museum pieces.

·
Registered
6,143 Posts
You'd think someone that could afford that car could also afford a three day session at Barber or Bondurant and learn how to drive before getting behind the wheel of it.... :roll:

·
Registered
6,241 Posts
VWGUY4EVER said:
You'd think someone that could afford that car could also afford a three day session at Barber or Bondurant and learn how to drive before getting behind the wheel of it.... :roll:
Take this from a professional of the 4 wheel drift. :lol:

·
Registered
6,143 Posts
Flippped said:
VWGUY4EVER said:
Take this from a professional of the 4 wheel drift. :lol:

It wasn't me !!!! It was the one-armed man !!!!
:lol:

·
Registered
802 Posts
gotcha...

OCTICK said:
jtpassat said:
octick, what's your name in the s2ki board? are you a S200 owner?
No....I don't own one. And I am not a member. However, I keep up on the auto enthusiast forums. I just float around searching for knowledge, interesting info, or comedy. If itsn't one car site, it is another.

However, I would love to own one.

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
B.S. I've heard it all now! Did anyone read the post? Test drive an Enzo... Please, if Mercedes Benz doesn't let customers test drive 100K AMG's and Porsche will let you look at a new 996 Twin Turbo, then how in the hizzy is Ferrari going to let someone test drive a 600K ride with a dealer markup of almost 300K!!!! :thumbdow:

If it was an Enzo, at least the owner can put an order in on a Porsche GT. I heard Boris Becker and Jerry Seinfeld will be the first in the U.S. to take ownership of this monster.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I talked to my old roommate from college who sells highlines in Houston. He told me it was a well to do lawyer that CAN drive but someone pulled out in front of him and apparently to much speed combined with a slick surface resulted in the wreck. At least he didn't hit anyone or injure himself.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts