Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, don't know about you, but the Goss' Garage segment has become a waste of time on Motorweek.

Here are the things that I've learned:

How to clean my windshield.

What "PSI" means.

What those 4 round black things on a car are for.

That there is a thing called the "battery" that is responsible for starting your car. I just thought that the car started on its own.

What to look for when you're shopping for a new seat cover.

How to pick the proper fragrance for your crown air freshner.

Looking both ways before you cross the street.

Diesel fuel is for diesel engines only.

Your family isn't the only thing with a dipstick.

A flat tire will keep you from reaching your destination.

That you are supposed to pay before you pump.

As you can see, Goss' Garage has made an impact on my life and that jerk never sent me a Motor Week t-shirt!
8)

·
Never forgets
2,380 Posts
I've seen people drive around on a flat disintegrating tire. Then flip me off when I try to get their attention. You never know...

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Pat Goss is a blowhard.

He has a TV/radio show that airs locally. He comes off as arrogant and isn't afraid to express annoyance with callers when he hasn't expressed himself well...

Caller: Pat, my shifter is really hard to move and the car is sluggish.
Goss: Get a BG flush.
Caller: What's that?
Goss: [sighs] The shop washes the inside of your engine and transmission.
Caller: And that'll help with both problems?
Goss: [raises] Sir, as I said already, get a [starts shouting and speaking slowly] BG flush.
Caller: Will it cost much?
Goss: No. I've shilled for them so long now, they only need to pad their bills 100% now instead of the 200% a few years ago. Next caller!

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
I agree Johnny, the Pat Gauss segment has become pointless - which is a shame because it used to be pretty helpful and he used to answer's people's questions 10 or 12 years ago to which he used to send "Motorweek t-shirts." I don't know what happened but 5 or 6 years ago, his segment just became utterly useless. But as I think about it, the entire show is so damn "soft" it's about one step above an infomercial - I don't know - Motorweek has always been pretty wimpy - but now it seems like to me they almost never say anything bad about a car. I dunno.

·
Registered
884 Posts
I have to agree - Motorweek is essentially useless. Rave reviews of every POS SUV in the world, and NO useful tech info.

"The new GMC Death Star SUV delivers 950 HP, while delivering 999 lb. feet of torque from its 14-cylinder supercharged engine. Fuel economy is an impressive 1.7 MPG on the freeway, even when driving over other vehicles stalled in traffic. The GMC Death Star - perfect for soccer moms with one child, and single commuters with Penile Insufficiency Syndrome (or "Tiny Weenie Complex")" :weirdo:

Real Men (and Women!) drive Variants!!!!! :lol:

Click & Clack are the best use of weekend radio air time!

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
Motorweek has always pretty much been useless, except maybe for employing people who would never make it on any real television show. The reviews are always "rah rah" extolling the virtues of such automotive icons as the Merkur XR4Ti and Renault Fuego, as well as cars that are actually good.

I did, however once see Mr. Goss in a strip club...

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have to agree that Goss' Garage is pretty lame these days. However, the biggest disappointment is the departure of Jennifer Khasnabis! Now there really isn't a reason to watch the show :wink:

·
Registered
23,183 Posts
BooRadley said:
Motorweek has always pretty much been useless, except maybe for employing people who would never make it on any real television show. The reviews are always "rah rah" extolling the virtues of such automotive icons as the Merkur XR4Ti and Renault Fuego, as well as cars that are actually good.

I did, however once see Mr. Goss in a strip club...
Hey I LOVED my old XR. If I'd never had that car I probably wouldn't be driving a Passat now, so there. :p

And for the record, Jennifer Khasnabis is HOOOOOTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!

Paul :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
I'm a long time fan of Motor Week and have noticed the integrity and honesty of their reporting has dwindled down to the form of a bobble-head doll constantly nodding 'yes' to everything they review. Some might chalk that up to the show simply not airing reviews of cars that just stink. I point my finger across the pond at TopGear whom truly pulls no punches when one of the staff thinks a car is crap.

Pat Goss has always been a jackass. I think he actually enjoys it. But his segments did have some meat to them in days gone by. I recall one particularly good piece on anti-lock braking systems and the philosophies of how/why wheels should be kept spinning for control. That was he norm for him but I guess nothing gold ever stays.

And Jennifer Khasnabis is a hotty. ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
12 Participants
Scotaku
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing