Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I go and pick up a buddy of mine from his place this afternoon, and when he gets in my passat i reach for my CD's to change the one i was currently listening too....

His reaction is "No, the sound of the engine is all i wanna listen to" as he reached and turns the stereo off.

He has a good point, i love listening to engines....something about it, the sound, the feel when you drive... just great.

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
I think he was trying to tell you that your musical tastes suck. Not that the Passat's engine sounds good.

·
Registered
311 Posts
x2

·
Registered
127 Posts
My wife picked our car (1.8T Passat) mainly because "the engine sounds good". I agree that it sounds much, much better than a Toyota Camry's engine!

As long as you don't listen to The Backstreet Boys, I'd say your friend probably likes the sound of the engine.

·
Registered
9,780 Posts
x4

I love the sound of a good engine as well but I never felt compelled to turn off the radio and listen to the Passat. Besides, VW did a good enough job with sound deadening material that unless you're flogging her you can't hear much anyway.

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
x3! Nothing really special about the sound of a Passat.
Unless its a w8 with an exhaust.
The v6 sounds pretty decent at higher revs, but you can barely hear with all the sound deadening. I wouldn't turn off a good song to hear.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts