Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well some of you know about the certified vw passat i got well they had to replace the tcm so i wasn,t able to take the car with me on vacation and had to rent a f150 because they ordered the wrong part. well while was on vacation they broke into my car at the dealer and stole the ingintion coils and the computer and my hood cable .so they tell me that this happed while i was gone i get home today and now they give me a loaner but they told me to call my insurance and make a claim , i said hells no i shouldn,t have to pay for this shit , so after calling vw of america about 5 times the dealer said go ahead and make the claim and that they will pay the deductable. but now i don,t want the car any more should i go ahead and get it fixed or try to get out of the car and get a different car well a different passat ? what should i do :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Wow, that is just wrong... The dealership has liability for any damage to your vehicle while on their premises. You shouldn't have to file a claim on YOUR insurance because someone broke into THEIR lot, and stole parts of your car which wouldn't have even been there because they should have had the work done much earlier.

·
Registered
5,875 Posts
GEt your insurance involved, they will look at the situation and perhaps have a lawyer on their side look at this mess. As for the car, it is your decision if you want to get out of it, but what year/motor/etc...?.

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Nope, no way! That is not your fault, the car was in thier possesion, they are responsible! As much as it may suck to have the rental, I would say keep the reantal,at their cost, and get this all straightened out. VWOA needs to know what exactly is going on! I understand that you have talked to them but what did they say about making a claim under YOUR insurance? If you have a lawyer, I would strongly suggest asking him and letting the dealership know that you have talked to him and you will not accept the car until they take care of their wrongdoing!

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Hell no I wouldn't call my insurance company.

This is their responsibility and if they give you any more crap like that, get a lawyer and stick it to them. The court should rule that they have to pay the lawyer's fees.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well vw service is mad because my insurance said it will take 4 to 5 days to get some one there to check out the damage ,and they said it wounldn,t rasie my insurance but now service wants me to rent a car i went off and told them you must be kidding after all the shit you put me thru now this she said she would CALL ME BACK I GUESS SHE CANT MAKE ME DO ANYTHING .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts