Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
^ I agree. Nice package, overdone in the rice oven.

(now if mazda wants to put the RX8 stuffings in the new 3 or 6 wrapper and add AWD, I'll be visiting the dealer. ;) )

·
Carlos Spicyweiner
7,048 Posts
AWD 3 would be great! I used to have a Turbocharged and intercooled AWD Mazda.......back in 1999! 323 GTX.......many years before the WRX. Would love to see Mazda get back into it with the new 3.

Oh, yea, the RX8 is a sweet car if you like the way it looks.

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
Neat little car. Some would argue that it was a disappointment, being a compromise in all areas (which it is), but I kinda like the set of compromises they chose; its suited well for their target market...a sport/GT car to fit 4 adults. I hear it drifts pretty well w/ that long wheelbase too. :wink:

I'm still anxiously awaiting an FD3S RX-7 replacement though.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
I love it.
Unique and practical sports coupe. The rotary engine is great, though the torque is on the low side and the power is disappointingly downgraded for the semi-automatic versions. The interior feels a bit on the cheap side, but fortunately is not as bad as in the Nissan Z350.

I'd take one in black (to better hide the seams to the rear freestyle doors) with the red leather interior, and debadge the front and back.

The other cars in the Mazda lineup are quite impressive in styling, features and price. The 6 has a much nicer design than the Camry, Cadillac CTS, and Accord; and the 3 has unique sporty looks and offers optional xenon lights and nav system, a first for a economy car -- it looks much more expensive than what it is.
If only they could get rid of that ford-derived Tribute SUV.

Can't wait to see what's instore for the new RX7 and Miata (and rumored Miata coupe).

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts
i like the rx-8. it's definately on my choice of cars to get. it's a little slow on the automatics though. the 350z is quite a bit faster, and is more of a sports car.

·
Registered
428 Posts
aowhaus said:
If only they could get rid of that ford-derived Tribute SUV.
What's wrong with the Tribute (other than the fact it's an SUV, perhaps :D)?
It has been considered among the better vehicles in its class since it was introduced for the 2001 model year.

Oh, a :thumbup: from me regarding the RX-8.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I have mixed feelings with the RX8. I liked it a lot at first, but the complicated lines and the endless details (esp the bloated front fenders, fat rear and the altezza-like tailights) grew tired pretty quick. I agree it would look a lot better in black b/c it hides the look a lot. I actually think the Mazda Miata, 3, and 6 (and even the EVO and STi) are a lot better looking cars.

I can't say whether it drives well or not, but i have seen some do ok. Still, I doubt the renesis motor has much in store in temrns of upgrades. I think for a DD and occasional lapper that you don't plan to mod too much, it's prob not a bad choice, but it's def not my first chioce either.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
i like it, i was even considering buying one until i went to the insurance company for rates. :shock: did you say double :shock: man you are phucked in the head :crazy:

so that was the end of that great idea...

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
I'll stick with my FD, thank-you very much...

·
Registered
6,241 Posts
I have to admit when I first saw it in person I was really feeling the look but after time elapsed the feelings have somewhat disappeared and am not as big a fan as I originally was.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
15 Participants
Flippped
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing