Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Noted comment on why doesn't VW release an R version of the Passat. I addressed the same question to VWoA (no reply, of course). Considering marketing, the Phaeton along with R versions of the VW line should be in the showroom together. Seeing a Phaeton sitting next to an entry level Golf is an odd contrast.
SJ

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
B5V6 said:
Congradulations on the new GLI. The article gives a great feeling, since I'm sure we all know the feeling of test driving a car we want to purchase.
Best part was driving if for the first time ever after signing the papers. I never test drove the GLI before agreeing to buy it. Some say I am :weirdo:

:lol:

Thanks for all the positive comments.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Good story

Three years ago or so, I was the 2nd person in Winnipeg to drive the 1st 6cyl 200hp 6sp GTI when it arrived here. A great drive. But life is life, we got a dog so when I parted ways with my '98 Golf Wolfsburg, I replaced it with an '03 Passat Variant. But I still remember driving the GTI...
By the way, had that '98 Golf had a 1.8T I'd never part with it so I understand the pleasure of your GTI.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.