Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now I'm on vacation (in between jobs). And since my fiancee and friends all work (and I don't have a lot of money) I'm basically just doing small little things around the Bay Area. It has been very relaxing and fun. Having time off from the stress of "life" really allows you to notice the little things. Those little things that make life fun.

I have two examples I'd like to share.

Yesterday I drove up to Sonoma County (where my parents live... this is about an hour north of San Francisco). I then drove out to Armstrong Woods State Park which is near the small rural town of Guerneville. Well, before entering town there is this sweet older lady who sells homemade tamales out of a little trailer. The "Tamale Lady" has become a little bit of an institution in Western Sonoma County. She is always very friendly and will chat it up with you while she puts together the best tamale, rice and beans you'll ever have. Anyways, I stopped by her little stand, picked up my tamales and drove out to Armstrong woods. I proceded to eat my lunch under the amazing redwoods in absolute quiet that can only come from a redwood forest. An amazing lunch.

My other example is less... well... less picturesque. I love it when you have a 20oz bottle of warm cola on a bright sunny day that you want cold as soon as possible so you stick it in the freezer. And then about 90 minutes later you go to pull out the soda from the freezer and it isn't frozen yet but very cold. However, when you open the top the change in pressure makes some of the cola freeze so you the get the slushy effect. That is when a coke is at its best. Very satisfying.

Anyways, feel free to share your own "Perfect Little Things".

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
When my wife does that thing with her....

Oh wait, this is a PG-13 forum. :oops:

Watching moonrise or moonset over Lake Arrowhead. No sound but the lapping of the water on the shore and your own breathing.

-or-

Catching that Ring of Fire eclipse at sunset on the jetty at Dana Point back in the late 80's/early 90's. The crashing waves drowning out all other sounds.

Man, I really miss SoCal some days.

·
0 Posts
When my son comes up to me at random and say I love you dad!...but you stink :heart: :)

Hitting 100mph all alone on the perfect straight :thumbup:

Getting a big hug and kiss from my mom, Yes im a mama's boy...wanna make something of it! :)

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
When my son says to me after I get home from work, "Daddy, we saved some of your favorite ice cream for you".

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
redb5sdca said:
peace and quiet with any natural view is perfect.
Exactly For me thing is more relaxing that ghosting along at sunset on my boat sipping a cocktail.

·
Registered
6,241 Posts
One thing I used to love was back when I worked at JFK Airport during the summer. Firdays, would arrive and I would come to work earlier then usual so I could leave early in order to avoid the weekend traffic. Like clock work I would be in my old :b5: no later than 1:30PM and drive up to me and my friends Hamptons house.

The feeling of drving away for the weekend with the music blasting and the wind coming in from the sunroof while driving 65-70 MPH felt so good that sometimes I would take a different route in order to drive a little longer.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Going out first thing on a fresh, dewy morning to pick the newspaper up off the lawn and stopping to listen to the amazing variety of songs a mockingbird can produce.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
9 Participants
Arj
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing