Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So has anyone seen the Passion of Christ yet?

I know there is alot of controvery surounding this movie. Whether or not its Anti-semantic. ect...

I for one had not seen it yet, but do plan to before the week is out. At that point I'll let you know what I thought.

-Nick
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
15,684 Posts
As far as the controversy goes, people need to RELAX! This is a film made by an artist who is just expressing his view!

If someone thinks its anti-semantic, then they should make their own film! :p I just happen to see Mel's side more than the other side, but if a film were ever made that goes against something I believe, or is discriminating against me somehow, I would just accept it as being someone's point of view. Period. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,331 Posts
yeah, people are getting way to bent out of shape about this movie. Arguing that it is not "historically accurate." Um... tell me this, what is historically accurate about the same story told 4 different ways with 4 different sets of details in the bible?

Just let it be the gospel according to Mel and fuhgetaboutit..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,568 Posts
I'm thinking of bailing out of the office either tomorrow or Friday and catch an early show. Anti-Semitic? Not from my view and not from my religious beliefs, from what I've read and seen about it, so far.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
15,684 Posts
hotani said:
yeah, people are getting way to bent out of shape about this movie. Arguing that it is not "historically accurate." Um... tell me this, what is historically accurate about the same story told 4 different ways with 4 different sets of details in the bible?

Just let it be the gospel according to Mel and fuhgetaboutit..
Aaaaaa-men!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,529 Posts
Watching Good Morning America this morning and they had the actress that plays Mary in the movie. She is from Romania and is Jewish. Her father was a holocaust survivor and in a nutshell was proud of his daughter for being in this movie.

America has become WAY too puritanical. I am not a church going person, but I know what is right and what is wrong. Why do churches have to shove what their views of right and wrong down everyone's throats?

Come on people, not everything needs to be an issue in this country.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,686 Posts
The GREEK said:
hotani said:
yeah, people are getting way to bent out of shape about this movie. Arguing that it is not "historically accurate." Um... tell me this, what is historically accurate about the same story told 4 different ways with 4 different sets of details in the bible?

Just let it be the gospel according to Mel and fuhgetaboutit..
Aaaaaa-men!
I am anxious to see it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,106 Posts
I ordered tickets two weeks ago, and I'm going with my fiancee tonight! I can't say I've had as much anticipation for a movie before.

THX sound with the nice, reclining, high-back chairs in stadium seating. Ironically, vaguely similar to a Roman Collosseum...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,155 Posts
Check out what Roger Ebert had to say---

http://www.sun-times.com/output/ebert1/cst-ftr-passion24.html

"The movie is 126 minutes long, and I would guess that at least 100 of those minutes, maybe more, are concerned specifically and graphically with the details of the torture and death of Jesus. This is the most violent film I have ever seen."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,648 Posts
I have heard nothing about it, until all the controversy started. I think the controvery is silly, because it is just a movie. I mean, if you want to get picky, take a look at Schindler's List. It also had historical inaccuracies, and made non-Jews look racist. (I know I am being extreme)

Oh, and Monica Bellucci as Magdalen. Now there's a hot reason to see this movie ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
311 Posts
I too shall support. I heard it's really graphic. I think it will be a nice representation of the events.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
828 Posts
JakeFrep said:
I feel like the only person on Earth who has no particular desire to see this movie.
Nope, I'm with you, Brother. I'm good with J.C. but I really don't need that much gore. And I don't get the fill-in-the-blank's killed Christ. If Christ doesn't die then he isn't the Savior and we Christian types are still Jewish; I think :???:.

[Seinfeld]Not that there's anything wrong with being Jewish.[/Seinfeld]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,047 Posts
JakeFrep said:
I feel like the only person on Earth who has no particular desire to see this movie.
i thought i was alone on this one :lol:
 
2

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
I'm there like swim where, I'm not religious i just like mel gibson, and i will see this like i've see all the rest of his action movies! :thumbup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,292 Posts
anyone heard mel gibson's fathers interview??? i'm not sure you'd be so confident that the anti semetic tones were innocent at that point.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
14,046 Posts
Altair 4 said:
I'm thinking of bailing out of the office either tomorrow or Friday and catch an early show. Anti-Semitic? Not from my view and not from my religious beliefs, from what I've read and seen about it, so far.
Not in my town you wouldn't. The first week is sold out!
 
1 - 20 of 108 Posts
Top