Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well kids, the time has come.....after dealing with engine sludge :mad: , drips leaks and spills, broken bits and pieces, interior trim falling off, and other annoying problems.....I have sold the Passat. My dealer offered me $7500 for my 2000 Passat with 70,000 miles on it. I bought a 2003 Toyota Camry XLE V6. The Camry have a full Leather interior, Navigation, alloys, and all the other niceties. Just because I have sold the Passat, does not mean that I will be leaving this site, I have made too many friends here and I will be here often giving my $.02 to the topics. I will post some new pics on the car soon. See you all soon.

·
6th Grade
14,918 Posts
Man, you're going to catch hell for buying a Camry.

Still yet, you'll probably enjoy not spending a grand or two a year keeping your new car running.

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts
*sniff* hopefully, i won't end up with the same problems :(

i had a Camry Solara before, and it seemed to be a little too removed from the road for me, but it's reliable, if that's what you're looking for.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I've driven my grandmother's 2003 ES330 (pretty much the same exact thing) and it was a solid ride. My grandmother was in the car with me on the highway, so I didn't crank it up or anything, but 70-75 felt nice. The car is definitely something you buy if you want your driving experience to be "uneventful." Fill it with gas and oil and it will run 200,000 miles no problem, but it won't be the most exhilarating ride of all time.

I'd buy another brand if my VW screwed me like yours did.

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
D.Passat00 said:
S_Klass said:
I left a Camry for the Passat... hmmmm
:lol: me too. looks like some people are going the wrong way :suspicio:
reliability, navigation, and a car company that actually can understand its consumer..who would want that

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
well i don't want to drive a refrigerator quite yet!! :poke:

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Congratulations on your new purchase. It is sad to see another enthusiast flee for another marque. But if you want (relatively) hassle free A -> B transportation Japanese or Domestic's can't be overlooked.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Boris said:
So what's the neighbors girl say on your new car? :lol:
:lol: :lol: For those that have been around theboards awhile.

I actually like the new Camry's. I'd probably seriously consider a new one if it weren't for the fact that every Camry owner in my area is also a member of AARP. 8) Actually, a used 4cyl. Camry is on my short list of potential daily driver vehicles I will be purchasing here soon. Can't beat the reliability.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Let me fix a few things here. My wife has been dring the Passat fort eh last 12 months. I have been driving a Tacoma Double cab. The Camey will be for the wife, not for me. I still like the car, but find it a bit boring. My wife loves the car though. With a child on the way, I wnated to get the wife a kid in a good quality car that will have no major problem in the next few years. Now this is not saying I will be leaving the VW family........I have a few things I have been looking at in the next year or so........ :D (lets just say mid/late '80s GTI)

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
No one's asked what the neighbor's daughter says about it!!!

Remember, IIRC Toyota was the first mfr to have unexplained sludge buildup in its engines (minivan?). So change it regularly and put in a water cooled oil cooler!

·
Registered
991 Posts
Boris said:
So what's the neighbors girl say on your new car? :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, so what did she say or do? :lol: :lol: :lol:

That was the funniest thread I have ever read! It was great, but I hate to see you leave the crowd though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
14 Participants
ywang98
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing