Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

So, have seen some tint rear lights on a few cars including Passats, decided that I would try it out.

I started with posting a few question on PW and reading a thread that helped a lot.
http://www.passatworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=294808.

Oh my poor B5 is missing it taillights.

The taillight with taped off sections and with four coats of Tint.

This is four coats and tape removed. I thought this looked cool but also stupid all at once. Ideas???

So now for the finished product...
I think that they might be TOO DARK but my friend thinks that they are just find.

Daytime with the Running lights and turn signals on.

Daytime with brake lights and turn signals on

Night with running lights, turn signal and back up lights on..........

Night Running lights

Night Brake Lights

So what do ya'll think??
Then when I was done I went to a junk yard, picked up a Euro Switch and Auto Dimming Mirror for 70 bucks.
The Euro Switch was easy and fun to do.
Now the mirror see my next thread on that one. hehe.
Thanks for reading everyone. Later.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I think that it looks pretty good actually.
And if you find in the day that the contrast between the tinted and non tinted parts are too much you can always spray a coat or two over it all one more time to just darken the non tinted parts a little. But i like the contrast I think. It looks good!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The non taped areas got seven coats of tint and the taped areas got three.. You can't really see a difference in the tint during the day but more worried about being too dark... But thank you Im glad that you like.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Proffx - It is go Beavers, LOL but I also like the Ducks too.

Thank everyone for the comments, I'm enjoying let see how long before the cops are all over me. hehe.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts

I've never been into tinting my vehicle, mainly because it is a light color, but would do the same if it were a dark color such as yours. You sir did a great job on the tint variation. Good job! I really like it

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah they are a bit to dark for my taste but they are growing on me. I think that once I have all black badges and tinted windows will look good. At some point getting black wheels.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Proffx - It is go Beavers, LOL but I also like the Ducks too.

Thank everyone for the comments, I'm enjoying let see how long before the cops are all over me. hehe.
oh, duh, yeah.. oregon state. when i lived in eugene as a kid it was ducks.. tails look nice i'm doin mine on the wagon. having a bit of difficulty getting to the driver side because of the way i mounted my amps but i should get it. well that and winter never seems to end here in mn..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts