Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: The new limp wipers cost $90. if you need to replace them!!!! (jwilker)

they are on all new 03 passats & some 02's ,you cant just change the blade, the whole unit must be replaced.

· Registered
3,159 Posts
Re: The new limp wipers cost $90. if you need to replace them!!!! (Ak Al)

someone had said they were using the refills from some company and trimming them...I dunno if thats the case or not....However i'll be shopping for a set myself over the next few weeks

· Registered
73 Posts
Re: The new limp wipers cost $90. if you need to replace them!!!! (Z28Driver)

They cost about 35€ in dealers in Germany...for a pair. See if you can get someone to get you some.
Bosch makes them, called Aero. They should be available from car parts stores soon too, definitely cheaper, I hope. Here the dealer want $62 Canadian EACH!

· Registered
289 Posts

You can get he aero wiper replacements from drewparts for under $19 each after the clubb5 discount...Believe the part numbers are 3B0-955-425-B and 3B0-955-425-C

· Banned
3,608 Posts
Re: The new limp wipers cost $90. if you need to replace them!!!! (simbany1)

He's not just talking about the blades, but an entire upgrade. And, yes, it does cost $90 for the whole thing (2 arms & 2 blades). Ahhhh...the price of obsession.

· Registered
4,206 Posts

· Registered
3,159 Posts
Re: The new limp wipers cost $90. if you need to replace them!!!! (B5sport)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

· Registered
207 Posts
Re: The new limp wipers cost $90. if you need to replace them!!!! (Z28Driver)

Free on the W8

· Registered
2,026 Posts
Re: The new limp wipers cost $90. if you need to replace them!!!! (RichieV6)

I just got some from Dana I think the drivers side was something crazy like 32.00 without our discount. Thats crazy! For all of you that have had your cars less than 12 months (me) VW replaces the whipers FREE of charge for the first 12 months of ownership. I was brushing up on my manual the other night. So go and take advantage and get what you can for FREE from VW!

· Registered
216 Posts
Re: The new limp wipers cost $90. if you need to replace them!!!! (Blownaway)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>If you can get me the part numbers we can do a groupbuy....
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
3B1 955 409 B Wischarm links
3B1 955 410 B Wischarm rechts
3B1 955 425 B Aero-Twin links
3B1 955 425 C Aero-Twin rechts
Preis: ca. 65,00 EUR/Komplett

I would like to be in on a groupbuy for the aero wipers.

· Registered
28 Posts

Hi -- I have an '03 variant. does that mean I have a 'limp' wiper? Been visiting in FL and really haven't had much chance to use it. I hope it's as good as you all say. Going home to PA in time for some big snows!! And I also would be interested in a group buy if possible.

· Registered
55 Posts

I have the "limp wipers" (great name!) and I am not thrilled with 'em. They do not chatter at high speeds like some wipers do, but I haven't noticed them doing a better job than other wipers on other cars. In fact, on the "down sweep" (returning to the base of the windshield) I notice quite a bit of smearing instead of a nice clean wipe. Maybe its just my wipers, anyone else having this problem?

· Registered
4,327 Posts

It will always cost more until the wiper begins appearing on other cars (Mercedes, Lexus, Bentley, etc.) and is available from places other than the dealership.

Limited availability and high prices go hand in hand.

· Registered
1,652 Posts
Re: The new limp wipers cost $90. if you need to replace them!!!! (Electron Man)

I have them on a late 02, and am not happy anymore. With our discount, Paul could replace them for like 18 and 38 for just the rubber piece, not the arm. I didn't understand why it was so much more expensive for one side than the other, but perhaps he was looking at an arm and a blade...not what I wanted.

With mine, I have a couple of spot in the last 6 inches that don't do anything. It's like when you get a stem from a leaf stuck in the blade, but there's nothing there. I've tried to run a razor blade over it to clear the surface to no avail...they're only from June, they shouldn't be worn out yet.

Any more details on this free replacement business?

· Registered
5,293 Posts
Re: The new limp wipers cost $90. if you need to replace them!!!! (Electron Man)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>It will always cost more until the wiper begins appearing on other cars (Mercedes, Lexus, Bentley, etc.) and is available from places other than the dealership.

Limited availability and high prices go hand in hand.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They appeared on the S-Class before the Passat. They run $75 each !! They're a bit larger than the Passat though....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.