Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So...I looked under my seats...I was frightened!!! At least now I know where that smell was coming from :thumbup: ...Anyway... I looked under my seat...I was in search of a Plug. I found one. Just one. I found the plug that the airbags connect to. thats it. Should there be more plugs? Shouldn't there be plugs for power to warm up the seats? What about Power for the Powered Seats? WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO MY PLUGS???? Is there NE1 else in a simillar situation? Has something happened ...Under The Seat....? :nervous:

I WANT New Seats!! But, they are Powered. My Old ones are not.
I need more Power Scotty!!!

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
I think there is a separate control module for the seats that is only found in cars equipped with power seats (GLX & W8).

Maybe if you can score the comfort control module from the same car you are getting the interior from, you might be in business. It will still most likely be a huge job.

You could also strip the leather from the seats and replace your velour...I am not sure of the feasability of that though.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I did a conversion from a GLS with non-power seats to a set of S4 power seats. There was not any wiring for the power, I had to rewire the car myself. The seat heating will also require additional compontents if your car did not originally come with them. This would be a big project to undertake but not impossible. Also make sure the front seat mounts are the same as there are two different styles. It seems the 1.8T version is different than the V6/W8 versions. David

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I looked at the rails and they looked the same....How Scared should I be about the wiring thing? :nervous: Does it just require Power???? :nervous:

Russ

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does NE1 have any information about the wiring harness in the passat? Or does anyone know about getting power to the seat for this converios to work?

Come On Gang!!! I need some help here!!!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can not believe that nobody has attempted this!!! :weirdo:
Is it that BIG a challenge? Does NE1 have a wiring diagram?

Anyone? HELP!!! :roll:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So...I looked under my seats...I was frightened!!! At least now I know where that smell was coming from :thumbup: ...Anyway... I looked under my seat...I was in search of a Plug. I found one. Just one. I found the plug that the airbags connect to. thats it. Should there be more plugs? Shouldn't there be plugs for power to warm up the seats? What about Power for the Powered Seats? WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO MY PLUGS???? Is there NE1 else in a simillar situation? Has something happened ...Under The Seat....? :nervous:

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
Wunder Wagen said:
I did a conversion from a GLS with non-power seats to a set of S4 power seats. There was not any wiring for the power, I had to rewire the car myself. The seat heating will also require additional compontents if your car did not originally come with them. This would be a big project to undertake but not impossible. Also make sure the front seat mounts are the same as there are two different styles. It seems the 1.8T version is different than the V6/W8 versions. David
Your answer is right there. NO, THE PLUGS ARE NOT THERE, AND YOU WILL HAVE TO REWIRE! YOU WILL ALSO MOST LIKELY NEED THE COMFORT MODULE FROM THE TOTALED CAR!

Can you hear me now?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
David,
Thanks for the REPLY. . I was researching and was able to find only one wiring Harness for the car? I was also asking how difficult a task this is? Is it fair to assume then that the 1.8T had no power seat/ heated seat available? Can I do this with out the Comfort Module?

thanks for your patience and understanding. Its good to see people out there willing to help others and to happily share their experience..... :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
And Yes. I can hear you now

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Dgabler...thanks. It looks like you are right. I was just hoping to find someone who Had maybe done a write-up about this...Or, related Electrical experience that they could share....If I have any luck, I will write up a post... I imagine that there are those out there that would like to know... In any event... I guess its time to kill this post. I am going to get the seats and start playing with them next week. I have my Multi-Meter Ready with New Batteries and an Optomistic Attitude! :lol:

Sal

Smile on my face and a Beer in My Hand! :beer: :D

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I think this is much more trouble than its worth. I actually wouldn't mind having non-power seats... Hey, you guys get all the fun speed, we get the power seats, wood inserts, heated washer jets, folding mirrors, and all the other random useless garbage :suspicio:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
6 Participants
VWPassatGLX155
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing