Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Bubba burgers? We mix Lipton's onion soup (dry mix), worcestershire (sp?), onions, garlic and pepper with hamburgers ourselves...delicious!

·
Registered
6,241 Posts
Not bad Steve. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Good one, Steve!

:thumbup:

·
Registered
28,337 Posts
I need people with bigger appetites for my GTGs. With 10+ of us,we went thru only 3 pack of brats. Still have 2 left in the freezer for the next gtg.

·
Banned
9,668 Posts
Thanks everyone.

I will say that I went overboard on the food items. I had about 3 boxes left of burgers, and 2 whole packages of brats left. I could have made my own burgers, but I was crushed for time. It was a convenience factor.

Now that summer's just about over, this is a little pointless, but it applies to all year round gtg's I guess.

Much thanks again,
Steve

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
This is great! :thumbup:

·
PassatWorld Staff
12,264 Posts
Green_Hornet said:
Bubba burgers? We mix Lipton's onion soup (dry mix), worcestershire (sp?), onions, garlic and pepper with hamburgers ourselves...delicious!
When's your next GTG? - Yum...

Good article, Steve, thanks! Yeah, summer is over, but it does apply year-round.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
So, that's how its done ... great piece :thumbup: :bow:

·
Registered
5,564 Posts
I haven't had a nice GTG in awhile. Very good write up Steve!!!

Back around 1999, we in the "Silly-con" valley had what we called "Impromptu Luncheons" which I give credit to the NorCal Audi Club (when A4.Org was a good forum.) I attended my first Impromptu Luncheon with the A4 crowd and it just happened that I was asking about which one I should buy: A4 or Passat - the crowd was surprisingly supportive of the Passat and gave me an unbiased view of each.

At the end of their little GTG, they held a raffle of sorts. Everyone was invited to throw in their keys/keyfobs into a helmet (a few of these guy's race their A4's at Thunderhill and Buttonwillow) and they drew for 2 stainless steel Audi mugs. Well, your's truely won one of the mugs which I still cherish to this day.

Since then, for a few years following, I held a number of Impromptu lunches and it's nice because there is no schedule other than lunch break, no expectations of a huge crowd, and best of all, no clean up! You guy's should try it sometime. I think Chrisyoon did this once. It's not the best GTG but it keeps you involved.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
I remember one of the first GTGs we did back in the fall of 1999 here in Colorado. It was a real loose thing, but we got a fairly good attendance. At one point there were 7 B5 and few A3 golfs and Jettas. But there was also some freshly fallen snow on the ground that real screwed things up. But the neat thing was that it didn't totally dampen the enthusiasum of the gathered faithful. After we had enough chattering of teeth and gaulking at the limited mods of our cars back then, we moved our group to a local restaurant and had a late breakfast and got to know eachother a lot better.

And to this day I still hang out with some of those early Colorado based GTGers. Some of the cars are sold off or crashed, but the people have stayed the same and that's what really counts. It's not the cars, but the people.

http://groups.msn.com/vwpassatgls/picturesofmyb5.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=96

http://groups.msn.com/vwpassatgls/picturesofmyb5.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=97

·
RETIRED Super Stealth Moderator
27,883 Posts
time to change the essay.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
I notice that most of Steves topics or threads have plenty of banned members, hehe. Steves a great guy, too bad he is not on here anymore.

·
Registered
301 Posts
PuReLyVdUbZ said:
I notice that most of Steves topics or threads have plenty of banned members, hehe. Steves a great guy, too bad he is not on here anymore.
Just went to look at his later posts to see why he was banned. Couldn't find anything offensive. I wonder what happened??

1 - 20 of 25 Posts