Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/employment/2910917/detail.html

It looks like a Wendy's restaurant in North Carolina won't be cited for any health-code violations -- after it was discovered that two employees took a bath in one of the sinks.

It's not clear when the workers at the restaurant in Advance took the bath. Photos show two men in bathing suits taking turns bathing in the large sink, which was filled with bubbles.

The pictures turned up at a CVS pharmacy. A photo worker told authorities.

Local health officials say the incident didn't pose a threat to public health. The restaurant's manager says the sink has been sanitized.
the part in bold is my emphasis and THAT's the part that bothers me.

the cvs guy feels he has the right to wander thru peoples' photos?

I know it happens all the time. they look for 'bad things' and report them. but do we need this level of undercover spies, double-guessing the content and context of every home picture?

this is scary. I'm so glad digital is a full replacement for film.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
gietl said:
Ha, getting you news from a local source I see ;) That is my least favorite news source.
it was a link on fark, I think. no, its not a website I frequent. only b5 fits that bill ;)

its just the nerve and presumption on photo developers. processing photos thru them gives them no rights, IMHO, to try to police people's behavior.

its not the wendy's case that bothers me. its when you presume some level of privacy in the world, then you read stuff like this and you realize that privacy is becoming an outdated concept, now that everyone wants to spy on everyone else (the age of ashcroft, if you will). losing the right to personal privacy is a big loss!

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
Having been a photo developer, there is a limit to what you can legally report without opening yourself to liability.

That said, you really should expect that any pictures you bring in to be developed will be looked at, for quality control purposes at least. Many developers have this in the disclaimer on the pickup stub.

A former co-worker once reported a guy who was taking pictures of kids, and a couple of years ago a lab employee at Walgreens stopped a kid from shooting up and blowing up DeAnza College here because the idiot had taken pics of pipe bombs and brought them in to be developed.

Quite frankly, if you don't want your secrets known, don't take pictures of them, at least with a film camera unless you have your own darkroom.

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
This is why I do my own photo printing at home.

how in the heck is a sink big enough to take a bath in? That's some pretty funny stuff. :lol:

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
WTF :puke:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
8 Participants
Johnny B5.5
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing