Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Lock and Load
4,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been wanting one but always hesitate for the long wait from the Springfield Armory Custom Shop (IIRC, it could take from 12-15 months wait because they make less than 20 per month & FBI got their orders first, but I found one locally that still in great condition (500 rounds fired by the prev. owner). Haven't taken her out to the range yet, but as soon as I have, I will. :)

Here are some pictures:

·
Registered
5,678 Posts
I'd prefer 2 minor changes:

- Checker the front of the trigger guard
- Use the angled mainspring housing instead of the flat one

Aside from that, enjoy your new toy! That looks like a ton of fun!!! ;)

·
Carlos Spicyweiner
7,048 Posts
Duude! Love it! I was just looking at 1911's last night. How much? From a dealer or PP?

Weird timing. Went to the range yesterday for lunch with my BIL. Tried his mini-Glock .40 (CCW weapon dunno which one) and did horrible, I mean couldn't hit shit. Went to a snub .38 and did much better (I have lots of .38 experience). Pretty good actually.

Then I used his Springfield GI 1911A1. I'm not a fan of 1911's. Find them uncomfortable and always have. I fired 40 rounds....all but two went in the black. I couldn't miss. After the 10,000 rounds the Army made me fire their way, I guess it's my weapon whether I like it or not. So I'm actively looking for one.

·
Lock and Load
4,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'd prefer 2 minor changes:

- Checker the front of the trigger guard
- Use the angled mainspring housing instead of the flat one

Aside from that, enjoy your new toy! That looks like a ton of fun!!! ;)
Thanks Jon.
I think I will leave it like the original spec. Beside that, I like the flat better on my grips that the arched one.

Duude! Love it! I was just looking at 1911's last night. How much? From a dealer or PP?

Weird timing. Went to the range yesterday for lunch with my BIL. Tried his mini-Glock .40 (CCW weapon dunno which one) and did horrible, I mean couldn't hit shit. Went to a snub .38 and did much better (I have lots of .38 experience). Pretty good actually.

Then I used his Springfield GI 1911A1. I'm not a fan of 1911's. Find them uncomfortable and always have. I fired 40 rounds....all but two went in the black. I couldn't miss. After the 10,000 rounds the Army made me fire their way, I guess it's my weapon whether I like it or not. So I'm actively looking for one.
Thanks Postman. It was a PPT from another Calgunner. I snag a deal on this for $1,950 :).
There is another seller that selling his 2 Pro with consecutive serial#, one is used for $2,650 & new one he wants $2,900. FYI: you can order new directly from SA Custom Shop for $2650 + the long wait.
This is not my first 1911. I have another Springer, Loaded model & I like it too.

·
Registered
5,678 Posts
That's a nice weapon Jon. What made you go with a 10mm? Got tired of easy to find cheap ammo? ;)
When I got my 10mm Bob, there was no such thing as the .40 Short & Weak. Smith & Wesson cut down the 10mil round to make the .40...

And as long as I keep my Dillon SD(B) running, ammo is still cheap and plentiful! ;)

·
Lock and Load
4,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Tokie, my brother has the same pistol. He bought a set of Punisher grips for some extra fun. Great pistol!
That's a nice set of grips Sciteach. I have a set of Original Simonich Gunner Grips on my Loaded that I like very much.
It's getting harder to find one now, because no more new ones since he died a few years ago. Strider took over & start selling them thru Brownells but it's not the same grips like the original.

Here's my Loaded with the Simonich Gunner Grips:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts