Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The Berkeley Lower Extremity Exoskeleton (BLEEX), as it’s officially called, consists of mechanical metal leg braces that are connected rigidly to the user at the feet, and, in order to prevent abrasion, more compliantly elsewhere. The device includes a power unit and a backpack-like frame used to carry a large load. Such a machine could become an invaluable tool for anyone who needs to travel long distances by foot with a heavy loadWe set out to create an exoskeleton that combines a human control system with robotic muscle," said Homayoon Kazerooni, professor of mechanical engineering and director of UC Berkeley’s Robotics and Human Engineering Laboratory. "We’ve designed this system to be ergonomic, highly maneuverable and technically robust so the wearer can walk, squat, bend and swing from side to side without noticeable reductions in agility. The human pilot can also step over and under obstructions while carrying equipment and supplies.

Finally a little bit of the future! :thumbup:

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Wow, that is so cool.

I wonder if they'll make them in homeowners versions for those us that need more energy painting, landscaping and remodeling the house?

:thumbup:

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Johnny B5.5 said:
Wow, that is so cool.

I wonder if they'll make them in homeowners versions for those us that need more energy painting, landscaping and remodeling the house?

:thumbup:
or, for when you're NOT doing those things, you need protection from projectile objects from wife due to your NOT doing the painting, landscaping and remodeling.

;) ;)

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
pancreas said:
What do you do when the batteries go out and theres no new ones...? dead weight.
What happens when a m1 Abrams runs out of gas and there is no supply line? Technology like this is where I want to see our millitary go. Fewer tougher small units on the ground with state of the art equipment. I actually agree with Rummie on this one.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
you be fucked if the batteries go dead :crazy: its cool tho

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
8 Participants
Mr.PassatMan
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing