Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Another Rollininstyle2004 teaser
13,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you already know what happened, most do not, so here it is. On February 21st, 6 months ago today, I was driving to pick up my daily when my car started smoking. After swerving into a parking lot, the car caught fire and was burnt to a total loss. I stood there and watched 5 years of hard work up in flames, literally. The fire was an electrical fire, and the cause is not going to be discussed as it is not certain what happened, and at this point I do not want to think about it anymore

Anyway the reason I have not posted this sooner was because I had been dealing with insurance. Long story short, I am not getting nearly what I put into the car, so the car was delivered to me today to strip off what I could sell. So today was the last day I will ever see my B5.5, and this is the last set of new pictures that will ever be posted.

It has been a long road, and it is unfortunate I will never be able to see the project to completion. Especially with how close I was coming to the end. Today truely was the end of an era for me. Ill stop here before I get too emotional over this.

Anyway, for the newer members, here is all the info on my car before the fire http://www.passatworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138696

Now for today, demolition and the final goodbye.

It started off bright and early at 7:45am when the car was delivered to my good friend Tony's house to help with the tear down. Flatbed and all since the car would not roll anymore

Apparently it took him 3 tries to get in the driveway, then he almost hit the mailbox

Finally got the right angle and backed it in

Off the flatbed she goes

Here she is waiting for me to arrive

Then I got there and did the honors of unwrapping my poor baby :(

A few carnage shots of the interior, about as roasted as can be, these next few are not for the faint of heart :cry:

Time to start the teardown

The trunk still looks pretty much the same ;) About the only part that wasnt completely gone

Tony analyzing the situation, figuring out where to begin

The start of the teardown, a few panels removed, however this was just the beginning

The engine didnt have much to be saved, goodbye beautiful airbrushing

Starting to jack up the car, this is the worst corner. You can see where the fire started and wrapped around the vehicle. Check out that wheel :icon_eek:

One wheelin yo!

Tony just bought an impact gun which made our life so much easier. Especially when the wheels had 5 nuts, then 5 more bolts for the adapters

The ROASTED wheel...always wondered what they would have looked like with a solid black powdercoat...

The bag completely disintegrated on this corner

Time to get the seats to fold down...that took a little bit of work

Most of the trunk torn apart

And now its empty

Surprisingly, 3 corners of the airride are still in great condition

I even sawed off the back half of the exhaust, WAY to much work went into that dual setup to let it go to waste

Insurance wouldnt let me return the car without wheels on it. So I put a set of stockers back. Check out how low the car sits on 15s with no suspension

Teardown complete!

Time to say goodbye

RIP 2001.5 Passat
2/24/2004 -- 2/21/2009

Also for those interested I will be having a HUGE FS thread with all the stuff that was taken off. Audio, airride, wheels, adapters, and more.

That is all for now.

-Jordan

·
murdered out Jetta, er, B5 Passat
11,168 Posts
HOLY $#!%!!! :mad: :banghead: :mad:

My condolences man! :( It's one of my favorite :b55:'s, no doubt! :bowdown:Devastating to see it end in such a bad way! :cry:

What about the rear bumper, they wouldn't let you keep it?

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
J, I had no idea this happened. Seein that was a total shock. Im sorry man. I know how hard youve worked on her. Glad you are ok and made it out though.
Finished or not, most beautiful Passat evar.
Keep your head up man.:(

·
Amuse Me For My Money
476 Posts
Sorry to see that Jordan. Heard thru the grapevine about this...even more devastating seeing the pics. I didn't know it was that extensive. :(
You're the reason/inspiration, that I have the set of wheels I currently have on my W8 wagon (Mandrus Emil's).

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
Wow. I'm just totally speechless for this man. Sad to see what happened but looking at the brighterside, you really had a good run with this car. It brought inspiration to all including me when i was first starting.

RIP for one of the most sexiest b5.5 passat i;ve ever laid eyes on (well on screen at least)

·
Registered
885 Posts
I'm shocked insurance didn't cover the parts even with the before and after photo evidence you bought them, did you keep a folder with receipts? Best advice my mom ever gave me was the document everything I do to the car so they can't say no if anything ever happened.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Let me first begin by saying your car was the greatest and biggest inspiration for me and nearly every member in passag world. Ever since I was handed down the amily passag from my father, it has been a the biggest thing in my 15- 17 yr life. I believe like yourself, u began modingi your car before out could evn drive it (like myself)

To wrap this up n keep it semi short, I thank you for all your inspiration and knowlage that you let loose from your fricken awesome car

I hope you will get another passat ( def a b5.5) n mod the hell out Of the thing. Every great car needs a rebirth, n I got say man, your car was a god on this site.

Thanks for everything.

·
Another Rollininstyle2004 teaser
13,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks everyone for their kind words. They do mean a lot to me.

HOLY $#!%!!! :mad: :banghead: :mad:

My condolences man! :( It's one of my favorite :b55:'s, no doubt! :bowdown:Devastating to see it end in such a bad way! :cry:

What about the rear bumper, they wouldn't let you keep it?
Nope, no panels were allowed to be removed. With how cheap the Votex stuff dropped to it probably wasnt worth it anyway

J, I had no idea this happened. Seein that was a total shock. Im sorry man. I know how hard youve worked on her. Glad you are ok and made it out though.
Finished or not, most beautiful Passat evar.
Keep your head up man.:(
Thanks Brian.

Sorry to see that Jordan. Heard thru the grapevine about this...even more devastating seeing the pics. I didn't know it was that extensive. :(
You're the reason/inspiration, that I have the set of wheels I currently have on my W8 wagon (Mandrus Emil's).
Glad my inspiration will live on

So sorry to hear this Jordan. Damn that sucks.
Holy [email protected]#$!!!, RIP the sexiest Passat ever :cry:
Our father who art in heaven, please recieve this car as a gift to you, and pimp it well in the clouds. Amen.
Thanks guys.

Wow. I'm just totally speechless for this man. Sad to see what happened but looking at the brighterside, you really had a good run with this car. It brought inspiration to all including me when i was first starting.

RIP for one of the most sexiest b5.5 passat i;ve ever laid eyes on (well on screen at least)
Again, thanks for the kind words. It makes me happy to be thought of so highly.

I'm shocked insurance didn't cover the parts even with the before and after photo evidence you bought them, did you keep a folder with receipts? Best advice my mom ever gave me was the document everything I do to the car so they can't say no if anything ever happened.
I had documentation for $40k+ aftermarket...doesnt matter. Anyway, I have dealt with all that for the past 6 months, I dont want to get into it in here.

Let me first begin by saying your car was the greatest and biggest inspiration for me and nearly every member in passag world. Ever since I was handed down the amily passag from my father, it has been a the biggest thing in my 15- 17 yr life. I believe like yourself, u began modingi your car before out could evn drive it (like myself)

To wrap this up n keep it semi short, I thank you for all your inspiration and knowlage that you let loose from your fricken awesome car

I hope you will get another passat ( def a b5.5) n mod the hell out Of the thing. Every great car needs a rebirth, n I got say man, your car was a god on this site.

Thanks for everything.
Thank you.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
so sorry dude, I don't know what I would do after if I put so much into something of your cars caliber that you did,, rip!! but to be honest I thought it was another tease thread ;P

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Wow, after so much. I hate it when all the good things come to an end. It was such a magnificant car, and then looking at those burned interior pics....so sad.

At least you walked away with happy memories, and hopefully inspiration to your next project, whatever it make be. Good luck sir :)

·
Thinks He is Slick
4,483 Posts
I couldn't believe when i heard that happened! So sorry man, that was the car that inspired 90% of this community including me. :(

·
Registered
830 Posts
damn buddy. I honestly feel for you. Sucks to have something this great go down this way. It's pretty crazy to see the interior all burnt. My buddies corrado did the same thing but to the engine bay.

Glad you'r okay. :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 123 Posts