Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
3,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been bashed many times i came across and Ebay item that was rare or really wanted ( like Kamei grilles or HID look a like headlights)
or somebody selling something really cheap and posted a link here.
First thing people post is IB4TL...
I know many members could be looking for that particular item but did not came across it so why not help?
I have seen many times a member posting a link to buy something or recomending certain vendor .
Why not Ebay?
I bought over 60 items on Ebay and never had a single problem. I think the Ebay structure is nice with the feedback points and buyer protections.

So if is a rule not to post Ebay links here . Should i post in another section of the forum or the Ebay rule is for the entire CB5 website ?

The rule applies to you if you are selling something and I can point a member towards the Ebay direction to get a deal or not ebay links of any kind are allowed?
If the last is true . why?

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Disclaimer: I'm not a mod. I try to obey the rules because they're established by those with a vested interest in what I'm taking largely for granted.

eBay links, any type for any reason, carry ClubB5'ers away to another site where auctioning is going on. Whether the poster of the forbidden link is the seller, is an agent of the seller, or is just a hapless ClubB5'er who thinks he/she found a deal someone might like to see, the ambiguity is large enough that eBay links are simply disallowed. I imagine the decision was reached with a rather accurate, 'if there is a ClubB5'er wishing to find something on eBay, they'll go there to find it themselves.'

·
Another Rollininstyle2004 teaser
13,138 Posts
I dont see a problem with someone posting something that seems to be a good deal if the seller on ebay is NOT a CB5er.
The reason EBAY links are not allowed if the seller is the poster here is because if someone were to offer the seller lets say $50 for the item, he would HAVE to go through EBAY and bid on that item making it that it isnt even possible to purchase the item through CB5 anymore. That is how i have always thought of it

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
I thought the idea used to apply mainly to CB5 sellers. You want to give our own members the opportunity to buy before/rather than putting something on ebay where members have to compete with the general public to buy something.

While Ebay is nice, i agree with scotaku, there's a lot of ambiguity with ebay.

·
Banned
131 Posts
I don't see why anyone would even give a shit if someone linked ebay in a post, big deal. If you don't like something don't click on the link, this isn't preschool.

·
Registered
902 Posts
I don't think there has been a problem with someone posting they found something on ebay. I think the problems lies in someone trying to sell something and then shooting off an ebay link.

I don't think there is an issue with, "hey guys. someone is selling such and such."
There is a problem with, "hey guys, I'm selling this, it's on ebay -> link".

There have also been being trying to point people to their ebay stores, who are not part of or contributing to the club...just looking for places to advertise. :thumbdow:

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
There has also been the problem of people linking to eBay for someone else.

ClubB5 doesn't allow eBay links, for good reasons imho, so why the debate?

·
Banned
131 Posts
What are the good reasons? Does it actually hurt you if you click on an Ebay link? I could personally care less, with all the repetetive posts on here I highly doubt clicking an ebay link is going to kill any bandwidth.

·
Lisa Simpson
15,043 Posts
OK, here is the deal.

The CB5 classifieds exist so that members can sell to other members unimpeded. No outside buyers, no competition, no anything. You may not post your personal auctions in the classifieds.

If someone has a WTB thread posted and you find the item they are looking for on ebay, you can pm them with the link. Good public service and not interfering with the ebay policy of ClubB5.

Seriously goofy stuff or stuff of general interest that is found on ebay and deemed worth posting usually ends up in the GD or AA forums where people can find it. Properly labeled threads include 'ebay find' or something similar.

I repeat: the ebay ban in the classifieds applies to your personal auctions. If you want to sell something here, you do it privately and without outside bids. We do not prohibit you from selling to an outside person, just from forcing the membership to compete in the public auction environment for your part.

And with that....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.