Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Throttle body adaption

Hi..just a doubt. After cleaning the throttle body, did you do a throttle body adaption? It happened to me and got blinking CEL with misfire in various cylinders. Mine is 2002 1.8T AWM. Doing the throttle body adaption fixed it.

If you don't have VAG-COM, you can do this.
1) Open driver door
2) Open hood
3) Turn the ignition on. Don't start. Wait for 3 minutes. Now start the car.

This is the way i fixed it. Found it from some website. Not sure if you want to do step1, but i did that one.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #82 (Edited)
Hi..just a doubt. After cleaning the throttle body, did you do a throttle body adaption? It happened to me and got blinking CEL with misfire in various cylinders. Mine is 2002 1.8T AWM. Doing the throttle body adaption fixed it.

If you don't have VAG-COM, you can do this.
1) Open driver door
2) Open hood
3) Turn the ignition on. Don't start. Wait for 3 minutes. Now start the car.

This is the way i fixed it. Found it from some website. Not sure if you want to do step1, but i did that one.
I think I did with VAG-COM but maybe I didn't do it properly, I'll do it again later.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Ahh looks like it's the bleeding valve (06B 103 245) the culprit.
Mine looks empty in the inside and there is another check valve (06A 133 528 D/A) connected to it so I thought it was fine but when I was about to return the new bleeding valve, I noticed there is actually moving thing in the inside and the old one is completely empty (I wonder where the moving thing went)

I'm going to change it now, will update again later.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Yup, I was right. Replaced the bleeder valve and the car is all good now. It idles much smoother too after all the hoses and throttle body cleaning, new d.v., and a new check valve. can't even feel the car is running at idle :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
I'm still wondering where the valve inside this went. couldn't find it anywhere when I had all the hoses removed lol

·
Administrator
23,508 Posts
here
16804/P0420/001056 - Catalyst System; Bank 1: Efficiency Below Threshold
Possible Causes
Leakage in Intake and/or Exhaust System
Catalyst faulty
Oxygen Sensor(s) faulty
Oxygen Sensor(s) Control faulty
Possible Solutions
Check Intake and Exhaust System for Leaks
Check Catalyst
Check Oxygen Sensor(s)
Check Oxygen Sensor(s) Control
Perform Oxygen Sensor(s) Aging Check
Special Notes
For 1.8T's experiencing this fault code, this thread may be useful: http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=663057
Retrieved from "http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/16804/P0420/001056"

·
Registered
6 Posts
I don't have a 1.8Turbo but I do have a V6.
I had a problem with the throttle body after an air filter change.
There's an accordion like tube connecting the air filter box.
After VW diagnostic, they found this tube to be broken and leaking
which caused surging when going from idle to 1st gear (manual shift).
Previously, AAA also reported misfiring but I suspect it's due to this
vacuum leak problem. Also, this fixed the "check engine light" problem
which as showing up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
help

Look what I found

:)

not sure if this is the only leak spot

now how do I take this off. Does anyone know where to look for the part number? I don't wanna take it apart until I get the replacement part.
hi I have a 2004 Volkswagen Passat 1.8t and at idle it has a miss like almost would want to turn off, but it runs great though. What did you find on your car???? I have changed plugs, coils, filters etc.
please help gjav65

·
Moderate Moderator
16,485 Posts
hi I have a 2004 Volkswagen Passat 1.8t and at idle it has a miss like almost would want to turn off, but it runs great though. What did you find on your car???? I have changed plugs, coils, filters etc.
please help gjav65
The post before yours is two years old. It's likely those people are no longer actively following this thread. You're better off starting a new thread about your specific problem with your car. Include all pertinent info.

81 - 92 of 92 Posts