Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It doesn't seem like books are a popular topic here, but I was just curious... have any of you read The DaVinci Code? I finished it recently and I loved it. It had some interesting ideas in it about DaVinci of course, but also Christianity and a few other things. What did you guys think about it ?

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
I heard there is a book coming out that has the writer of the DaVinci code up in arms because this other writer is trying to capitalize off the name. I believe this other book is called "Breaking The DaVinci Code" and pretty sure it takes its own spin on things that were in the DaVinci code book, I havent read either though

·
Registered
7,337 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've seen other books in Borders that are placed around the Davinci code, and yeah they definitley do have similar names or themes to them, but they are totally capitalizing off of the book, it has become really popular. And I heard too that they were going to make a movie, I think in 2005 it's supposed to be released.

The book starts out with a murder and and the entire plot forms around solving it and retreiving other clues from it to decipher a message. For me it is difficult to summarize with out giving away parts of the book, because it goes into great detail, but I'm sure on amazon or on the back of the book there's a good summary

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Both great books. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Subject matter of DaVinci code intrigued me enough that i picked up "Holy Blood, Holy Grail" which the author used for part of his research on the Grail background.

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
ROXYB5 said:
The book starts out with a murder and and the entire plot forms around solving it and retreiving other clues from it to decipher a message. For me it is difficult to summarize with out giving away parts of the book, because it goes into great detail, but I'm sure on amazon or on the back of the book there's a good summary
Thanks. Sounds interesting. Gotta go pick it up sometime and give it a shot.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I dug DaVinci code. Read it in about 2 days. It reads like a movie script, which is good & bad. It's no great work of literature, but a fun read.

I'm reading Angels and Demons now. Not quite as fast moving, but also enjoyable.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
torid110 said:
Both great books. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Subject matter of DaVinci code intrigued me enough that i picked up "Holy Blood, Holy Grail" which the author used for part of his research on the Grail background.
I thought about getting that too, but I haven't yet. As I read the book I was opening up Davinci books looking at paintings as a reference, and checking out things on line that he talked about in the book

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
flipsauce said:
I dug DaVinci code. Read it in about 2 days. It reads like a movie script, which is good & bad. It's no great work of literature, but a fun read.

I'm reading Angels and Demons now. Not quite as fast moving, but also enjoyable.
I dont know how far along in the book you are, but I thought the same thing about angels and demons at first, it definitley picks up though.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Agree with you there jimbob.

Davinci code was truly intriguing. It his upon a lot of points my father in law is always talking about - no surprise that he's a mason, eh?

I just bought Angels and Demons at Costco last week - it's next on the list!

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Read awhile ago, COULDN'T PUT IT DOWN.

Found myself reading through lectures and discussions at school....

I hear there's suppose to be a sequel/prequel coming out? :???:

I SOOO had the idea first that their should be a movie based on the book. :roll:

Glad to see many of you people are well-read.

-alex

·
Registered
95 Posts
Davinci code was a good story.

I have also read The Templar Revelation which is similar to Holy Blood Holy Grail - Same type of history except it was more about the Knights Templar. Interesting.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
It's always interestign to read a fiction book that has tons of specific instances interesting enough to want to look up or research some more. Too bad I don't have the time right now - read the book on a couple commuter train trips to work.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
About this Discussion
51 Replies
30 Participants
DCdave
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing