Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I think I've been on here talking about how many cars I have... The collection has a new addition, featuring this beautiful specimen.

That's right, I went and bought myself a 2004 W8 Variant. Of course, I would never be satisfied with anything less than the 6-speed manual. Only $5700US. That's not to say she doesn't have any issues whatsoever. One of the rear side-skirt caps is missing, and the dome light panel's paint is chipping off, as well as a few minor mechanical maladies. Nothing that can't be fixed relatively easily, though.

I believe this makes vehicle number 8 now.. of which only 3 are worth keeping. I have a problem.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
So I think I've been on here talking about how many cars I have... The collection has a new addition, featuring this beautiful specimen.
That's right, I went and bought myself a 2004 W8 Variant. Of course, I would never be satisfied with anything less than the 6-speed manual. Only $5700US. That's not to say she doesn't have any issues whatsoever. One of the rear side-skirt caps is missing, and the dome light panel's paint is chipping off, as well as a few minor mechanical maladies. Nothing that can't be fixed relatively easily, though.

I believe this makes vehicle number 8 now.. of which only 3 are worth keeping. I have a problem.
There is nothing like a B5/5.5 Passat wagon!

We now have three cars: 2016 Sportwagen, 2001 Passat wagon, and 1996 A4 sedan. I still need to find time to finish rewiring the fried power window wiring under the dash on the A4 and then decide what to do with it. I do not want to part with it until I at least try the 17" wheels on the Passat, which currently has 15".

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Haha, I am another one with a problem... Down to 3 Passats, 2 CCs and an Eurovan... Lol...
Wanna sell me the Eurovan for cheap? That's another one I've been hunting for.. lol

If you're going to add to the collection, that one is a worthy candidate. What a beauty! Just glad I don't have to keep it running ;)
I've heard they're less than reliable. This one only has 92,000 miles on it and seems pretty stable. I'm going to try not to run the hell out of it though.
I eventually plan to have all the nicks and scratches and dings and dents fixed. I've read that they only shipped 42 of these to the United States, so I don't want to see it in anything short of perfect condition.

How much you pay or insurance per month? :eek:
I own 8 vehicles: 2 Passats, a Buick Century, Buick LeSabre, 2 Ford F-150s, an old Chevrolet P30, and a Harley Davidson. Only 4 of them are running and insured: The bike, the two Passats, and the LeSabre. The rest are mostly either getting sold or scrapped. Roughly $400 a month, because my driving record is awful, and my motorcycle and now the W8 both have full coverage on them.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
2 Passat's, 2 Corrado's & a Volvo 780 Bertone..... I kinda feel your pain bro. Congrats on the pick up!!
TFW you have to park a mile away from your house because all the spots are taken... by your cars.
Yeah I don't have a garage to put any of this stuff in.. My only regret is that I've yet to sell all the broken ones.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts