Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The dealers sure do know how to wear their customers off. This might be one of thousands whinning stories on this forum, but I really want to share this.

I dropped my 99 passat 1.8t (CPO) off the dealer last Friday (11/3) for 60k maintenance and have them change the upper + lower control arms before the warranty expires.

Its been a week and it was simply thrilling. On Monday they told me I will not get my car back, because they have to order the control arms. On Wednesday, they called to inform me that the parts were incorrect (they ordered 3 left and 1 right, wtf?!). So the rep promise they will get everything done by this Friday.

Today, he called me again, I thought the car was done early, but nope. He let me know some bad news that when they start the car up, they realized the ignition module is dead, and suprisingly he told me the part is out of stock worldwide (how to hell?!) And it would take indefinite time to wait for it to come.

This is sounding very absurd, how can they f'ed up the ignition module when they are just doing suspension and maintenance works? The car has been working fine until I turned it to them. I have a feeling that they wreck my car and trying to fix it up without telling me. I am going to go there and demand to see my car tomorrow. As much as I love my passat, this has to be the last VW I will ever buy :(

By the way, does anyone know a great indy shop in South Bay of the Bay Area? Thanks

·
Registered
191 Posts
u should have gone to streetwerke in palo alto. I recently was over at VW sunnyvale, and things have changed since i bought my car.

·
Registered
29 Posts
u should have gone to streetwerke in palo alto. I recently was over at VW sunnyvale, and things have changed since i bought my car.
+1 or the VW dealership in Newark. I believe it's called Winn VW of Newark (new ownership). I hear of incredibly great service there. Check them out! :thumbup:

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
i just realized the title of this thread is like the movie borat..when hes teaching him how to tell a joke!

did you base this title on BORAT!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i just realized the title of this thread is like the movie borat..when hes teaching him how to tell a joke!

did you base this title on BORAT!
lol no I didn't, I just feel like typing that out.

btw, the car is still sitting at the dealer waiting for the ignition module forever, while I am trying to get VWoA to cover my rental car fees. My rental Chevy Aveo is seriously the new "Geo Metro" :poke: , sucks to be driving that pos for x more weeks.

Thanks for all of your shop suggestions, I will definitely check them out for the next visit!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Newark

The Newark dealership is Bob Lewis VW like the one in San Jose. They ripped me on labor and parts so i ripped them somewhere else. You want some quality maintenance and repair hit up Fremont Foreign Auto off of Mowry in Fremont. Eduardo (owner) will treat you right? He drove me home in his brand new C class, i dont even live nearby. Good guys their. All german makes and models.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Bob Lewis put me off by offering jacked up service prices loaded out with unnecessary extras, they wanted to clean the throttle body at 10k which was 3 months after I bought the thing. When I questioned it they revealed that they also had a 'basic' service that didn't include all their money making schemes.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Happy new year!
Forgot to update to prove again Sunnyvale VW is truly scammers. In the end, I waited to have the car fixed for two weeks waiting for parts as he told me. I have to pay for the rental car fees, which is 600 something dollars! I called VWoA about this but they refused to do anything about it.

The more I think about it, the more I think they faked the Ignition Module Control failure, how would it died the day right after they told me the car is ready to be pickup. Most likely they didn't earn much from the warranty work, so they tried to rip off from a big fat rental car bill. And yes, they have a Enterprise counter at the dealership, they must be happy splitting my money...!

BTW Kawasaki, does Boardwalk offer courtesy car while in service, it's a bit far from my work. Thanks!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts