Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks you herman H. As some of you know, i switched to 235/40/18 size Bridgestone tires, with BBS ch. Anyway, even though I rolled the fenders with the fender rolling tool, they were rubbing on the liner and the rolled part, though it was not messing anything up i did not like it. Anyway, my setup consists of H&R sports and Bilstein adjustables. They were on the second level from bottom, I wanted them bach in the middle, probaly 3/8 of an inch, plus increased spring tension. So following his writeup the whole thing was a breeze, and I have never worked on a suspension before. Thanks for the writeup being so complete, like he understands that everyone does not know as much as he does. I also thank auto zone for the tool rental(strut compress), and my 2 friends that helped me out today.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
:thumbup:

Funny, though, because I have Neuspeed sport springs with Neuspeed Bilstein adjustables set to one notch below neutral, 235/40 tires, on 18x8 rims w/35mm offset and no rolled fenders, and I have NO rubbing at all, lock to lock. Hmmm... :???:

·
Registered
666 Posts
:bow: I'll jump on that and thank HermanH for his writeup as well. I haven't lowered the ride yet, but am now at least educated :thumbup:

·
Registered
5,564 Posts
jaycevs, you're welcome. :) You too blaupassat. I use to always be the "green thumb" in the old days. I know how hard it is to ask sometimes. That's another reason I wrote up all those mods over the years. Just giving back to those that helped me here on this forum.

I think I said it best back in October: the collective CB5 group is really to be thanked for everything that I've done on that site; I just added pictures and some text to what's already been divulged publicly.

What comes around goes around. :)

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bleser, which transmission do you have, i have the heavy tiptronic. Maybe thats the difference, but I would really have to see where other tiptronic B5's with the exact same setup ride. I thought the install was fine. I was a little nervous about the compressors, but that went smoothly. I just made sure to keep them even and take my time with them, and wearing glasses the whole time. I also had my friends there, which was very helpful when it came time to take out the assembly and fit it back in, because it takes an awful amount of force. Last, i thought i had an easier time getting the control arms back on while my frind turned the sterring wheel side to side.

·
Registered
5,875 Posts
Wow, i just looked at HermanH website , it looks awsome, it has now been addd to my favorites :thumbup: .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts