Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to share a story with the folks of CB5 as to how I ever had a fondness for VW's

You see when I was little my grandmom and I went for a walk. She brought me down to a mom and pop general store in a small town where I grew up. Upon arrival there was a big matchbox display and I became infatuated with a car. She promptly bought me my first matchbox car of what became a large collection. The car was a VW Rabbit in an Emerald Green with black ski's on the roof. Its funny that 21 years later I essentially own the same car. Funny how things turn out sometimes.

My grandmom passed away Early Tuesday morning and while I could be very sad I am not, you see I have many fond memories of her.
here is a picture of her doing what she did best live happy

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
good on you for remembering the best parts and not letting the loss bring you down. i've got a grandmother in declining health and an uncle in the same boat. remembering all the things we used to do when i was younger definitely brings a smile to my face.

but sorry to hear about your loss.

·
Banned
9,668 Posts
Thats a great pic Joe. Its funny how things work out. If gramma can hang with "Chip" and still have a smile, you know she was a great person. And if she takes you to buy your 1st Matchbox car, even better.

Sorry for the loss, but its great that you can look back on things, and remember that she brough great happiness into yout life as well as hers.

Steve

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I am really sorry for your loss. I lost my grandmother too, a few years ago. Luckily the great memories will never be lost.

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
my condolences to you and your family. it sounds like she had a long and happy life.... and you have tons of memories with her, that's what really matters. She'll always be with you in spirit :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts