1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Rogue Assassin
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:wink:

and these...

not to mention this...

That "glance" has officially turned into a stare. :)

·
Registered
941 Posts
hotani said:
not a bad looking interior either... here, go stare some more. ;)
As a former Japanese car nut… Subaru had them all beat when it came to fit-finish and quality of materials used. My sister had a Legacy GT sedan that was absolutely bulletproof, handled great and was very good looking IMHO. I actually deposited on a Legacy GT sedan before getting my first b5. It was the frameless doors, they rattle… of the Subi that made me decide on the b5. As an A4 owner, it’s a nice car, but that Subaru looks awfully nice... especially the interior!

:poke: Good luck man!

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
jtpassat said:
what's the engine?
from this page:
The 2005 Legacy 2.5 GT is powered by an intercooled and turbocharged 2.5-liter 4-cylinder boxer engine that produces 250 horsepower @ 5,600 rpm and 250 lb-ft. of peak torque @ 3,600 rpm. The engine shares architecture and technology with the engines used in other Subaru turbocharged performance models such as the WRX STi, but most key components – including the cylinder block, turbocharger and intercooler – are unique to Legacy 2.5 GT.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Kinda wished they threw in the EJ20 from the standard USDM wrx (or go all-out and throw in the STi motor). Prob has more tunability, and prob have kept prices a bit lower. Otherwise the GT seem like nice car. Can't wait until they announce the prcing though.

·
Rogue Assassin
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ACE said:
I guess I'm the only one that thinks they look like butt?! :???:
Do I think it looks as good as my current '00 Variant? No.

Do I think it looks as good as the current A4 Avant? Not a chance.

Do I think it looks as good as the upcoming V50? That's a close call.

Is the styling inside and out unattractive enough to keep me from buying the car, as past Subarus have been? Well, that's where they've closed the gap. Perhaps enough for me to purchase one. Only after a hands-on inspection and test drive will I know for sure.

It's certainly a player on my short list now. It's the first Subaru I can say that about. I've always had a certain respect for Subaru's "different drummer" approach to performance and engineering. I just couldn't get paast their looks. Now maybe I can.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
it almost has some TL and TSX design traits, like the front fender crease and the C pillar area.also the rear bumper lines scream Audi :thumbdow:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts