Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i finally recieved my rims sat. afternoon and dropped them off at discount tire where i purchased the tires so they could put the tires on the rims. i specifically told them about three times that the rims had a painted pin stripe around the lip so be extra carefull. They obviously didnt listen because when i showed up to get my rims all 4 had been scratch...so out of all this i have to wait to get them repainted which will probably take another couple weeks. they agreed that they screwed up and are paying for it and am bringing the rims to them tomorrow. he're are a couple of quick pic's. Specs: 19x8.5, 19x9.5 225 35 19 with color matched pin stripe

Little stretch in the back

Here is a close up of the scratches on one of the rims.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
they must of thought i was stupid because they tried throwing them in the back of my dads truck real quick and it was kinda hard to notice from a distance but when i took a good look i realized it and confronted them. Then they tried to act as if they didnt really know, they said they thought it was lube..

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
looks good a local guy has them on a black jetta and i love them. i love the lip in the rear! but dude take the shocker sticker off please.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yes, this will be the last time i do business with them and am debating if i should let them put the tires back on it again when they are done getting painted? otherwise i am excited to see how the stance is going to be, and see if i will need some spacers or not. thanks for all the comments :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Don't try to save a few dollars at discount tire...take them to a good import shop. You can't expect a budget place to handle high class rims.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well i learned from my mistkes, i will just order the tires online next time and find a much better shop to put them on. ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts