Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I'm just itching to be Banned
13,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I opened my email inbox this morning to find this email buried amongst a pile of Spam.

Over the past 13 years Parts4vws.com has sent out over 100,000 bags of M&M’s, thousands of stickers and license plate frames, thousands of t-shirts, attended over 50 car shows and sponsored over 100, received over 1 billion hits, and sold millions of dollars in parts and accessories for VW’s and Audi’s. But because of this slow economy, Mike and I have decided to move on to new opportunities. As a result, Parts4VWs.com will no longer be online.

We want to take this opportunity to thank each and every one of you for all the friendships, support, shout outs on forums and great times at car shows.

For those of you who have backorders they have been cancelled. If you have pictures that you would like to download from the car show, please do so by June 6th.

For all your performance and OEM parts needs, we encourage you to check with Eurosport Accessories, Performance Cafe, or Pure Motorsport, Between the three of them it’s a safe bet that they will have what you’re looking for.

There is a good possibility that Parts4vWs.com will live on with new owners so be sure to check back in a few months! Since we still drive VW’s and Audi’s, I’m sure we’ll be seeing many of you around!

Sincerely,
Kristen and Mike Potter
Parts4vws.com

So that is it, no more Parts4VWs.com anymore. I found this news to be really disapointing, as I am sure a lot of you will. I have purhased from them before, and they are a great shop to buy from. Their high level of customer service really set them apart from the crowd. Hopefully this will be only a temporary setback, I hope they (or someone) will reopen the store sometime soon.

·
Registered
929 Posts
I actually went to their site to buy some climacleaner today and saw that. It is sad news, they were the first ones I ever ordered anything from when the mod bug hit me back in the day. Orders came with snacks too so you can munch on something while working on the car. Good people.

·
Registered
424 Posts
That really is sad, I've ordered from them before as well...they aren't a company that you heard people bitching about left and right yet it's still in business...sad to see a good company go...

·
Registered
419 Posts
Wow, I wonder what is happening to their inventory.

RIP Potters
they said they'd give all their stuff to me, since i was the first to ask them for it. i'll be trading it out to first come first serve for lottery tickets, beer and of course, crack rock.

i'll miss 'em too. sad face now :(

·
Registered
8,200 Posts
I've had lots of dealings with Kristen and Mike over the years. They sponsored our local club, Volksport, for as long as I can remember. They gave the whole Club an across the board discount. They also sponsored, and Mike co-drove the One Lap of America with Enrique Ramirez, an old friend. I always went to their site first whenever I needed parts. They're great people. I wish them all the best.

·
Salty Moderation Stylez
12,663 Posts
yes, this was a big bummer to hear. I remembering ordering from the back in early 98/ late 97 for my MKIII..

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've bought a few things from parts4vw.com over the years. I've been playing with vw's for almost 20 years, and have seen alot of good and not so good companies come and go. Mike is one of the really good ones, sad to see them go. Good luck to Mike and Kristin in whatever they do!!!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
yes, this was a big bummer to hear. I remembering ordering from the back in early 98/ late 97 for my MKIII..
A great resource when I owned my corrado as well. On a side note, this was the MKIII that had the corrado spoiler? Man, that was a classy ride!:thumbup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts