Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today i turn on my psst and its one of those days were ur hoping for no CEL, but today there was one. I filled up the nite before and im pretty sure its not the gas cap. But as always the turnover has a sketchy sound to it and today was an exceptionally bad idle! It feels like it almost dies then comes back to life every 2 seconds...idk?? Anyone else have this prob? Im thinkin it might be a bad motor mount but that shouldnt cause a CEL, should it? Im now startin to think i should have never bought this car!:cry:

·
Registered
92 Posts
I just had a problem with my check engine light coming on also. The car was idling up and down every 4 second on park and it also had some loss of power. I ended checking under the hood and found that my vacuum pump had sprung a leak. I'm replacing the O ring and hopefully that will solve the problem. The leak made a puddle on top of my transmission.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think i saw that on mine too. It was a little wet and oily and i did feel some power loss aswell. I saw a line on the left side of the bay shaking. It's really wierd! Are the vacuum pumps visible or do u have to search for em? The only diff w/ mine is when ever its not being given gas its a rough idle!

·
Registered
92 Posts
The Vacuum pump is on the right side of the engine right under the intake. Look to the left of the battery and it is right there.

·
Registered
183 Posts
are you under warranty? this sounds like a good warranty fix so there is no hassle to you make vw fix that....

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok..so i just took my car to the High end VW dealer. The service was immaculate!!:bowdown: They didnt pull my car in the garage to look at it... The service manager brought the machine out to my car himself(the ODBII thing..idk?)! I was like wow! Anyways its another freakin misfire in cylinder 1! This is the 4 time! They cant tell me whats wrong with the cylinder...there is no code or anything as to why..just MISFIRE. I took it before to a crappy service VW the last 7 times ive been. Im going to the highend one from here on out. Hopefully they can fix whatever is wrong with my baby w/o me havin to come back 3 days later for another CEL for the same thing! Anybody heard of this! Why would an engine keep misfiring in the same cylinder 4 times after having the spark plug, and coil pack replaced?,.. what would cause something like that? Anyone know???:confused: ALL COMMENTS ARE HELPFUL:thumbup:

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts