Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a 2001 Passat TDi. The temp read-out between the speedo and rev counter is always *exactly* the same as the one displayed on the climate control.

Is that right? I was under the impression the one on the dash displays the outside air temp and the other one the cabin temp.

I've only had the car for 6 months, but they're *never* different - even with the aircon on full blast. Or at night. Or in the day come rain or shine!

I'm confused, so any help would be appreciated!

Rob

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've got a 2000 B5. So not sure if things have dramatically changed from my model year to yours. But the temp readout in the dash is the external temperature. The climate control has 2 temp read outs. The left one is what the external temp is and the right one is what you want it to be.

By default, it does not show what the internal temp read out is, but I believe there is a key sqeuence you can use with the climate control to show it to you.

Regards

·
Registered
45 Posts
I don't believe the key sequence is listed in the manual. I had read it on here some time back, it goes along with the Radio hacks you can make to see signal strength and so on. So search the forums. :)

Regards

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
I haven't done the search yet, but I don't believe the climatronic setting is permanent. Once you turn the car off, it will revert to the default. Would be cool if it didn't...

My understanding was that both temperatures are external. Unlike you, mine hardly ever read the same. Usually they are about 1 degree off.

I still don't know why the climatronic wants to tell you the external temperature, especially when it is already on the MFD. You would think that the current internal temperature would be more relevant to the climatronic display.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Sorry to resurrect this old nugget but did anyone ever find a way to have the Climatronic display the cabin temperature? After searching I haven't found any secret key sequence like Cypher mentioned in post #4. It's annoying to have two outdoor temperature readings but no cabin temp.

TIA

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.