Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I was wondering if someone would be able to link me to the outside temp sensor, the cabin temp sensor, and the coolant temp sensor I should get? I want to replace all 3. I know my CTS is on it's way out/broken the dealer said last it was there, and I feel like my outside temp is quite incorrect. I'm not sure how accurate the cabin sensor is, so I would want to replace that one as well. Also, would someone be able to link the oem suspension please? I just want the standard one. I have a 2002 Passat GLX 2.8L in case anyone didn't know :lol: :p

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
CTS 059919501A don't forget to get a new retaining clip.

Outside temp 8D0820535

Cabin temp is built into your climatroninc display see the two little grills?? Don't think you want to replace that.

What suspension parts are you thinking you want to replace?

It's official Mikey!! You are an automotive hypochondriac. :poke:

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay, I won't replace the cabin sensor :p

I'm not sure to be honest. It just squeaks over every single bump. I guess the shocks and struts? Not quite sure how the suspension actually works.

When wasn't I? :lol: I have OCD if you can't tell already haha. And being my first car I want everything perfect on it. xD I know that's like impossible though.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
The shop said my heater core is extremely plugged up or my water pump is the wrong one. This is the kit that was used with my car. Is this the right water pump? http://m.autozone.com/cooling-heati...-kit/dayco-wpk-water-pump/162773_658265_7453/
Why are they saying this? what is their reasoning?
Does your heat work? Are both of the hoses hot at the heater core?
The heater core has a bypass so even if clogged up coolant should still flow.

The kit looks to be correct.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Why are they saying this? what is their reasoning?
Does your heat work? Are both of the hoses hot at the heater core?
The heater core has a bypass so even if clogged up coolant should still flow.

The kit looks to be correct.
He said well your heat works with a higher RPM (which I knew already obviously) and he said it might just take that high of an RPM to get the flow through the heater core and that's why there is still some air trapped in it and that is why I am hearing the gurgling.

okay, making sure the wrong water pump wasn't put in.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
He said well your heat works with a higher RPM (which I knew already obviously) and he said it might just take that high of an RPM to get the flow through the heater core and that's why there is still some air trapped in it and that is why I am hearing the gurgling.

okay, making sure the wrong water pump wasn't put in.
So, I guess "the shop" has no idea how to bleed the air out of a V6 Passat cooling system? They need to bleed the air out before they make any assumptions that something isn't working correctly.

As for your suspension, the guys at "the shop" should be able to figure out what is causing the noise so you aren't just throwing parts at the car. And! I would wait until you fix your axles/CV's or they fail which ever comes first.

If you need control arms both FCPEuro and ESCtuning have control arm kits. FCP has their own private label kit that works well and ylwagon just installed the Vaico kit from ECS and likes it. NO, Ebay is not an option.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh and get this!!! They didn't even fucking flush my coolant. I think they only drained it and put the new g13 I brought it. Well? It's definitely not looking like g13 it's a muddy orange with a film on top of it.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
They need to flush the crap out of your cooling system AND back flush your heater core to get ALL of the contaminated coolant out. I hope this is just non compatible coolants reacting causing this. Otherwise, you may have a leaking oil cooler leaking oil into the coolant.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
They need to flush the crap out of your cooling system AND back flush your heater core to get ALL of the contaminated coolant out. I hope this is just non compatible coolants reacting causing this. Otherwise, you may have a leaking oil cooler leaking oil into the coolant.
I bet they only drained it :/ and I do NOT think they back flowed it from the heater core. It was whatever was left in it mixed with the brand new g13 I bought from the dealer. oh no, what's that? Please let it not be an expensive fix if that IS what the problem is D:

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I am going to ask to drain it, fill it with water and cleaner, let me drive it a bit, and then drain it and fill it with water again and let me see if it runs clean. If it does, I will then add the g13.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.