Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you know i recently changed my clutch, recently i was feeling chivalrous, and without a sane male anywhere in the vicinity to smack soem sense into me, i agreed to teach this young lady i know how to drive stick......see where this is going :nervous:

So i strapped her in and with my patented method i taught her how to feel the clutch engaging, and when she should get on the gas. i taught her the shift pattern because my MOMO is unmarked. she quickly and very naturally caught every aspect of what i was teaching her.

Long story short she drove 1 square block no burnt clutch smell no pealing outs, she cut off once, i congratulated her and left her on the corner yelling "I drive stick I drive stick" not really a good thing to be yelling on the corner! :lol:

Next day my car will not go into gear it felt like i needed two hands to shift but once the car was warm it shifts fine. so with that said what my problem doctors? :nervous:

·
Registered
487 Posts
I dunno...sounds like a freak occurance...

When I was learning I can't tell you how many times I dumped my Dad's Accord and had to restart the engine. His clutch didn't start slipping until like three years later and that was just because it was getting old.

Did you run into any problems during the install of your clutch. Did you do it yourself? That's one area of a car I'll never mess with, the tranny. Well that and the block.

I don't think that you teaching someone to drive would affect putting the car into gear. I'll let you know, though. I still have to teach my wife to drive my :b5: . I hope someone else can explain it. The only person that comes to mind is contacting atomicalex, she sure is a very technical minded person! Of course, someone will prove me wrong within the next half hour. :D

·
Registered
195 Posts
yes but...

THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICS

of the young lady of course.

Only then will we be able to determine whether the price of a new clutch was worth it.

Did you at least get a little "thank you"? aka poke in the whiskers.

Seriously, I had an old Honda that I mistakenly dumped the clutch on, while revving to about 5K.

Well it was the original clutch disc on a 10+ yr old car and I broke the springs in the disc. It had symptoms like you are describing. Couldn't get it into gear hardly at all.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well it gets stranger now the clutch is shifting fine, and you know how we all wish the clutch was lower..well mine is about 3.5 inches off the floor im loosing oil from the gear box i think gonna check it soon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.