Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a brochure on the new 04 passats, and they don't list any fuel mileage specs for the new TDI thats coming out soon. Does anyone now what they are? If its half descent, I'm seriously considering trading my 01.5 V6 in for one.

·
Registered
26,794 Posts
And for you math majors that is 38.56 MPG. The EU testing is not the same as the DOT,so it may vary.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I personally think anything less than 50mpg for a 4banger diesel is a waste, I can probably get the same mpg if I went 55 all the time.

·
Registered
5,330 Posts
blaupassat said:
I can probably get the same mpg if I went 55 all the time.
You can do that? Wow! </sarcasm>

try averaging 38mpg. 8)

·
Registered
44 Posts
DBS said:
27 Mpg city and 38 Mpg highway
I am a little disappointed in those figures.... I was hoping for 40's on the highway. :cry: If we got the manual transmission here instead of the trip, it would be better.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
blaupassat said:
I personally think anything less than 50mpg for a 4banger diesel is a waste, I can probably get the same mpg if I went 55 all the time.
Wow... thats decent. I wish I could average 20 MPG on my V6. Another thing to consider is that the 130 HP TDI makes about 220 ft/lbs (Estimate) of torque. The 2.5 L V6 TDI that has 177 BHP makes 273 ft/lbs of torque (confirmed) :roll:

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
eI wonder if any one will be making a turbo electric diesel car anytime soon. That would be fun. Great milage and a car we can chip...heheh.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
DBS said:
27 Mpg city and 38 Mpg highway
Anybody got one of these somewhere else in the world? What mileage do you get and what kind of driving?

This mileage isn't as good as I was imagining. I usually get somewhere between the two, so lets say 33 mpg. That's only 7 mpg better than I get commuting today.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah, thats what I'm wondering, anyone else in the world have one? that mileage seems awfully low. i was thinking low 40's highway, and much better than 27 in the city. When driven conservativly, I can get mid 20's in the city with my V6 5-speed.

·
Registered
217 Posts
On my new 1.9 PD TDI 100 I am getting 45mpg...that is a mix of traffic and high speed hwy...

·
Registered
37 Posts
In the TDI, my long term average across all different types of driving runs about 36 mpg.

On long autobahn roadtrips I can drop the average as low as 30 mpg.

Running on backroads I can push 45 mpg.

Admittedly, this largely the reverse of what would happen in the US. Extended operation at 120 mph has its price.

Gruß, Scott
B5.5 '03TDI DE Variant
B5 '00 1.8t US Variant

·
Registered
23 Posts
TDI Mileage

I'm getting over 400 miles a tank of diesel just running around town, usually lasts about 2 weeks. Long runs get over 600miles with just under a quarter of a tank left.

At 80mph she's giving me 55-60mpg, and at 90mph I've had 63mpg.

Hope this helps, my mates got a 150bhp Mk4 Golf TDI and he's getting similar mpg from his. Lowest is usually around 45mpg, only gets into the mid 30's when accelerating.

Any more questions, then please mail me.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts