Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,
i've posted this thread under Canada section, however got tip to post it here for better chances to get some answers, so here we go:

so my TB has been changes not so long ago ( ca. 2 weeks ago) and i've noticed the following:
1.)when the car was driven for a while and coming to a stop, the fuel consumption rests on 1.1/1.2 L/h and the revs feels slightly higher, as if the car was stressed
2.)if i put on neutral, the consumption goes down to 0.8/0.9 l/h
and RPM feel normal (no stress feeling)

Went back to mechanic and he loosen some screws on one of the poolies and said to drive it for another 2-3 weeks to see if things getting better.
Well, today i noticed that the car fuel consumption as mentioned in 1.) is even higher 1.3l/h and the revs are again slightly higher.
i've noticed more fuel consumption over the week.
In addition,, while driving i'm always checking the present fuel consumption and when i reach 100km/h the consumption is now ca. 8l/100km
before the change it was around 6.8-7L then i tried to keep it between 6L-6.4L
Is it normal?
the car didn't behave like that before change the TB.
on idle (on stop or traffic lights) was always in range of 0.8/0.9l/h and revs were normal, in Neutral was on 0.5l/h

Car: Passat 2005 StationWagon 2.0L TDI tiptronic
any advise would be approciated.

·
Registered
950 Posts
That's weird I've noticed that I've had a little bit worse fuel consumption too but my car hasn't felt like it's under stress. I have no clue but I will ask around and try to help you out

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
back from vacation, car was parked entire 11 days on park n' fly. no issues with starting even though the nights were cold. but the idling thingy is still present. also i've noticed like John mentioned, little increase in fuel consumption .
someone suggested that I might get higher torque in low revs. although the car is more responsive i would say, i don't aim on racing with it any time soon, as long my 9mths kid is ok with that.

·
Registered
28,337 Posts
Check in at www.tdiclub.com. It does sound like the injection timing is a bit off.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
rough idling + higher consumption FIXED.
coincidently when TB has been changed, my thermostat went on funky road. and the issue with higher consumption on DRIVE , everything related to the thermostat. once changed, the car idles normal, consumption is back to normal,
thanx everyone for input

1 - 6 of 6 Posts