Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a write up or anything on how to remove tails. I tried runng a search but came up with nothing. Maybe i was looking in the wrong place.
If any one can steer me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
195 Posts
Do you mean the lens or the bulbs?

For a B5 sedan, from the inside of the car remove the board that holds the bulbs. It clips into place with plastic tabs. (Leave wires attached.) The bulbs twist out with a little pressure and a half-turn.

To remove the lens, unscrew the three 8mm nuts that hold it in place, also from the inside, gently push the lens out.

For a B5.5 sedan, I believe there are four 8mm nuts. I don't know about the wagons.

Nik

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
What JonBoy said... Takes no more then five minues to pop the bulb holder out, unclip the wire harness then remove the three 8mm nuts holding each of the taillights in place.

·
I aspire to awesomeness
767 Posts
I have just bought tail lights for my B5 wagon in Australia as shown in the pictures below.

I have had a look but can't easily see the bolts/nuts I need to undo to remove my stock tails and fit these new ones. I can feel one but I can't imagine how I'll get to it and certainly cannot feel three or five as depicted in the second image. How many can I expect to find and undo?

Am I missing something or is there a trick to this?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts